News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Build 232

Started by tim arnot, October 18, 2020, 03:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

If you have skipped 231, please rebuild your databases. If you rebuilt your databases after installing 231, there's no need to build them again.

Investigations are continuing regarding the FSX SimConnect dll not loading on some machines. Meanwhile we have reinstated the old BeatlesBlog SimConnect from v3 which, while being a bit temperamental, does at least load. This is alongside the existing method, and has been made the default connection method. At least for now. Connection instructions are in the new Quick Start Guide.

v4.0.0 (build 232)
* Fixed another airport with incorrect country name
* Fixed Wheels Up/Down time depended on having a flight plan
* Failure to load Simconnect dll now correctly shows sim disconnected
* Reinstated BeatlesBlog as alternate SimConnect connection method (less stable but more likely to work)
* Added Quick Start manual

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7CS0LSgMZ2B3K3Ee?e=WrxcFj

Tim. @TimArnot

monirgeadah

Thank you Tim.

Version 4 Build 232, is great and in my case is connecting and working well with all my  three SIMS. MSFX 2020 connecting successfully with both connections, 1 or 2 connection. X-Plane 11.50 with Vulkan running, also connecting well, using XPUIPC. My P3D Version 4.5 is also connecting well.

I also successfully updated and installed the data files for all 3 SIMS.

Thank you again for a great  and working PLAN-G.

Best wishes

DR Monir Geadah - VFR 10 flyer, one of the earliest testers of PLAN-G

tim arnot

Thanks for the feedback, Monir.

You said earlier that 11.50 no longer worked with XPUIPC. Is that resolved now?

Tim. @TimArnot

monirgeadah

X-Plane 11.50, certainly did not work initially while using the older versions of PLANE-G. This is a section from their early release notes  { Using X-Plane 11.50 Add-On Compatibility
Some 3rd-party X-Plane add-ons require updates for use with X-Plane 11.50. Here is a list of add-ons that are currently known to be problematic. If you are having issues with any plugin, regardless of its listing below, please make sure you have the latest update. Next, contact the developer for any further assistance. Our support team cannot be of service for this, unfortunately.

Reshade (entirely disabled)
XPUIPC
FSEconomy
Goodway Flight Planner
Scenery Animation Manager (SAM) }

It is certainly working OK now with your latest version of Pane-G , just downloaded as it is . Miracles happens sometime ??how??

Also your latest version works on my second screen with any of my three sims running in full screen mode and without degrading or loosing any frame rate.

Great work and achievements TIM.

Stay healthy and fit.

The SIM community needs you.

Regards

DR Monir Geadah----VFR 10 monir, Member of the old VFR multiplayers team

geloxo

Hi. Nice to read that the simconnect issues were fixed. Thanks a lot!

Just tested it with FS2020 (v1.9.5) and everything works perfect and with no apparent errors in the log :D

Cheers

monirgeadah

HI again.

For FS2020 the number 2 connection always connect ok so far for me. Connection number 1 for FS2020  dos connect sometimes but fails to connect in one case with me so far.

Whether PLANE-G ,WIFI Broad band width of the server is anything to do with that ??

A donation from me towards the upkeep of the marvellous PLAN-G site is long overdue.

Tim, where is the donation site towards PLAN-G 4, version 232 ?

Monir

rollerfahrer

Hi, no the connection works correct. Thanks for the god job :c017:

geloxo

Hi. I have found an issue: the AI traffic is not displayed, nor airborne not parked. I see my plane and it moves according to the current flight but there´s no other planes displayed. I used connection method 2 (the default one).

Cheers

tim arnot

You need to turn Traffic on in Settings - it is off by default.

Bear in mind also, that multiplayer traffic in MSFS isn't currently sent to external apps.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: monirgeadah on October 19, 2020, 05:50:48 PM
HI again.

For FS2020 the number 2 connection always connect ok so far for me. Connection number2 for FS2020  dos connect sometimes but fails to connect in one case with me so far.

Whether PLANE-G ,WIFI Broad band width of the server is anything to do with that ??

A donation from me towards the upkeep of the marvellous PLAN-G site is long overdue.

Tim, where is the donation site towards PLAN-G 4, version 232 ?

Monir

You'd need to check the log for the reason it didn't connect.

There's a Donate button on the main site, right hand column. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

monirgeadah

HI Tim.

Connection number 1 is the erratic connection one. Number 2 is a stable connection in my case.

I since corrected the typo error in my earlier post . Your quote still shows the typo error unfortunately.

I wanted to make a one off donation, not a monthly one . Unable to do it as it will not allow me to write the right amount ??Why

tim arnot

Not sure what you're experiencing there. While there is a monthly checkbox, it is off by default (not something the plugin lets me remove, unfortunately), you should be able to make a one-off donation of any amount.

If that doesn't work, you can donate directly to my gmail address from within Paypal itself (the gmail address is on the donate form).

Tim. @TimArnot

monirgeadah

Hi Tim.

I have successfully done it at last.

The problem I had was with typing the donation amount. I was applying the cursor first to enter the right amount. It is only when I hovered over the £00.00 sign that the following appeared [ Please match the requested format £00.00 ].Typing the amount directly without applying the cursor in front of the amount , worked OK.

Regards and best wishes.

DR Monir Geadah

tim arnot

Huh. Worth knowing. Anyhow, thanks everso for the donation.  :13:

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: monirgeadah on October 19, 2020, 09:05:12 PM
Connection number 1 is the erratic connection one. Number 2 is a stable connection in my case.

I since corrected the typo error in my earlier post . Your quote still shows the typo error unfortunately.

Connection 1 is the SP2 SimConnect, which doesn't load for some people. ("Can't load..." error in log)
Connection 2 is the BeatlesBlog Simconnect, which loads but can sometimes be unstable.

Tim. @TimArnot