News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Build 232

Started by tim arnot, October 18, 2020, 03:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geloxo

Quote from: tim arnot on October 19, 2020, 07:38:27 PM
You need to turn Traffic on in Settings - it is off by default.

Bear in mind also, that multiplayer traffic in MSFS isn't currently sent to external apps.

Hi Tim. I have both moving traffic and parked traffic ticks activated in the settings/traffic menu but I don´t see it in game.

Cheers

tim arnot

Are you seeing traffic in the sim? If so, what kind? (what are the tags?) If they're gamer tags (e.g. SMELLYCAT_876657), then that's player traffic, and MSFS does not transmit it. If they're AI/Live tags (e.g. EZY_123), then you'll need to attach the log.

Tim. @TimArnot

geloxo

Hi. I have only offline AI traffic active in game options. I was flying the Robin DR400 which is an official airplane. I can see my plane properly displayed in map and its position changes according to my flight, so that works well.

I tried running as admin as well but no difference. I can see traffic in game and in other tools like Little Navmap it is properly displayed in its map.

Please find attached the log. I created a new one as it grows over time to several Mb with the same message type that you see on it.

Cheers

BG2518

Quote from: tim arnot on October 19, 2020, 07:38:27 PM
You need to turn Traffic on in Settings - it is off by default.

Bear in mind also, that multiplayer traffic in MSFS isn't currently sent to external apps.

I assume you are expecting MS to allow multiplayer traffic in MSFS to be sent to plan-g at some point?

I'm unable to follow everything about MSFS's roadmap and perhaps you have been in contact with MS about this?

As you may know, this is proving to be a massive currently missing feature from many flying group's perspectives.

Many thanks for ALL YOUR OBVIOUS VERY HARD WORK.

tim arnot

Quote from: geloxo on October 20, 2020, 12:51:58 PM
Hi. I have only offline AI traffic active in game options. I was flying the Robin DR400 which is an official airplane. I can see my plane properly displayed in map and its position changes according to my flight, so that works well.

I tried running as admin as well but no difference. I can see traffic in game and in other tools like Little Navmap it is properly displayed in its map.

Please find attached the log. I created a new one as it grows over time to several Mb with the same message type that you see on it.

Cheers

Ok thanks. That's clearly a bug; I'll make sure it gets fixed.

Edit: if you can use the SimConnect 1 connection (not everyone can - it won't work on some PCs), that shouldn't suffer from the error.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: BG2518 on October 20, 2020, 02:01:57 PM

I assume you are expecting MS to allow multiplayer traffic in MSFS to be sent to plan-g at some point?

I'm unable to follow everything about MSFS's roadmap and perhaps you have been in contact with MS about this?

As you may know, this is proving to be a massive currently missing feature from many flying group's perspectives.

Many thanks for ALL YOUR OBVIOUS VERY HARD WORK.
[/quote]

Hoping rather than expecting, but the issue has been reported multiple times.

I too fly regularly in a group, so appreciate how annoying it is.

Tim. @TimArnot

geloxo

Thanks Tim. Unfortunatelly in my case only connection method 2 works. The others don´t. I don´t have FSUIPC installed yet (the beta I mean) so I couldn´t test the FSUIPC method.

Cheers

ScottMDA

The"Move FS  Aircraft to here" is unfortunately not working in 4.0.0.232

Scott

Sam2299

On both V4, b.231 and b.232, multiplayer red icon not shows, just blinking when refreshed.

tim arnot

Quote from: ScottMDA on October 20, 2020, 03:39:46 PM
The"Move FS  Aircraft to here" is unfortunately not working in 4.0.0.232

Scott

Thanks. That'll be fixed in the next build.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: Sam2299 on October 20, 2020, 04:12:15 PM
On both V4, b.231 and b.232, multiplayer red icon not shows, just blinking when refreshed.

I'm actually looking into that this very minute...

Tim. @TimArnot

geloxo

Hi. I finally installed the FSUIPC7 beta and I can confirm that teleport feature work well using that connection method. AI traffic displaying still does not work. You can see the traffic but during an instant only. It seems it´s linked to the refresh rate for AI traffic displaying (in settings --> traffic options). After that they are removed. Example: with a refresh rate of 10s the AI traffic is displayed during less than 1 second, it disappears and then after another 10s it appears and so on. It´s like a blinker effect. Setting refresh to different values increases/decreases the blinker rate.

But this only works with FSUIPC connection method. The simconnect one seems not to be able to display traffic no matter what refresh rate you use.

I hope this helps :)

Cheers

tim arnot

Thanks. The teleport (and several other "does nothing" issues) only apply to the SimConnect 2 connection type. (those functions didn't get connected up).

The traffic flashing off is actually caused by the user aircraft refresh accidentally deleting all aircraft instead of just the user aircraft. I suspect - although I didn't try it - that if you turn off the user aircraft, the traffic will stay on the map. Anyhow, how long the traffic stays on the map depends on the relative refresh rates and the gap between updates, by default traffic is 30s and user aircraft is 5s.

Both issues are fixed in the next build.

Tim. @TimArnot

Sam2299

Good progres.  Useing the JoinFS test version (1.4.36), FS2020 multiplayer's red icon and call sign (only, no other data
), are shown on planG v4_228.
Remark: I'm not useing 231, 232, because of the red icons blinking phenomena.

doudou

I have lost the names of the airports with 232.
All names are like that : KBOI   TT:AIRPORTEK.KBOI.name   TT:AIRPORTEK.KBOI.city   TT:AIRPORTEK.KBOI.state   TT:AIRPORTEK.KBOI.country