News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Build 233

Started by tim arnot, October 31, 2020, 01:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

Please rebuild your databases.

The new MSFS patch caused a number of issues with my PC, forcing me to go back to an old Windows restore point. Consequently this build comes a bit later than I had hoped.

This build will reset your logbook database. It will make a backup, so you'll still have a record of your flights (you can access them through any Sqlite viewer). Eventually there will be a way to transfer them back to the active database, but that's not implemented yet.

MSFS users, you'll need to rebuild your nav databases in order to get the aircraft names list back, and don't forget to copy the new logbook across if you're running on a remote PC.

v4.0.0 (build 233)
* Fixed error reading traffic with SimConnect 2 connection
* Fixed some functions not called (move aircraft, avionics, weather) if connection was SimConnect2
* Fixed traffic markers flashing
* Traffic labels now have a background for easier reading
* Fixed Vfe missing from logbook Aircraft table
* Fixed MSFS localiser headings were Magnetic instead of True
* Added framework elements for departure handling
* Very limited display of some departure elements (X-Plane 11 only)
* Back end library updates
* Fixed error displaying external charts

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7Cajh_A_wgSA0hxB?e=De8qWE

Tim. @TimArnot

geloxo

Many thanks for the update Tim! I just checked it and this is the outcome so far:

- SimConnect2: traffic is now properly displayed and updated but "move aircraft" feature is not working
- FSUIPC: "move aircraft" feature is working well but no traffic is displayed (anyway I think I read in other posts that it was not possible to show it with this method but maybe I´m wrong)

I hope this helps :azn:

Cheers

Dieter

Thanks for the update!
- I think it's kown that in multiplayer the red aircrafts of the other simmers are still not shown on map. (this is in P3D v4.5)

Dieter

tim arnot

With P3D, they should be shown. Make sure "Traffic" is enabled in Settings - it is off by default (this is opposite to v3.2)

Tim. @TimArnot

Dieter

Well, "traffic" is enabled.
Will check again and answer when I'm in a multiplayer session again. (might take some days)

trisho0

Plan-G v4 asking to install NET Core. Installed NET Core and Plan-G after installed NET Core stills asking for NET Core.
I can't use Plane-G v4

mjrhealth

Install teh 32 not 64 bit.

nbrich1

Tim - on that install pop-up that net core is required to run Plan G, might want t indicate that it is the 32 bit/x86 version of Net Core- that is required for any x86 or x64 bit windows systems).. If that is possible.

Question:

When creating the airport/scenery db, IE: For a P3D4x/5x add-on xml), how would one capture scenery references that are outside the sim in multiple add-on scenery locations (started by addon.xml references) that are not present in the scenery.cfg?

tim arnot

It's not my popup, I have no control over what it says.

It'll automatically pick up scenery from the xml. Also there's an Additional Locations setting for anything you want to include that's completely outside the regular  ecosystem.

Tim. @TimArnot

nbrich1

Ah ok Tim-got it.  Thanks for the info. Working on it now.

Norm

Dieter

Well, I'm coming back to my report of this:
"""I think it's kown that in multiplayer the red aircrafts of the other simmers are still not shown on map. (this is in P3D v4.5)"""

I was part of a multiplayer flight yesterday and I have to confirm my problem:
- No multiplayer aircraft was displayed on the PlanG map. Of course "Traffic" is anabled in settings.
- Additionally I have another problem:when connected alone by myself and in multiplayer after a short time I get my aircraft symbol shown 2 to 3 times on the map.

(No problem with v 3.2.2.167)

Dieter

Jurgenm1947

Can't find the 64 bit version I can only see one which because it's asking me to install the .Net core can someone please point me in the right direction with a link if possible please.
jm

Dieter

Have a look here:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/current/runtime
Chose "Download x86"  Please be sure to install the x86 version!

Jurgenm1947

jm

tim arnot

Quote from: Dieter on November 10, 2020, 08:41:56 AM
Well, I'm coming back to my report of this:
"""I think it's kown that in multiplayer the red aircrafts of the other simmers are still not shown on map. (this is in P3D v4.5)"""

I was part of a multiplayer flight yesterday and I have to confirm my problem:
- No multiplayer aircraft was displayed on the PlanG map. Of course "Traffic" is anabled in settings.
- Additionally I have another problem:when connected alone by myself and in multiplayer after a short time I get my aircraft symbol shown 2 to 3 times on the map.

(No problem with v 3.2.2.167)

Dieter

Do you still have the log? If so can you attach it please? (it should show traffic reports, and any errors that might occur)

Also, the repeated user aircraft: are you getting multiple yellow planes, or are the duplicates showing as AI? A screenshot would be helpful here (next time it happens), along with the log.

Tim. @TimArnot