News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Build 233 on my laptop doesn't connect to P3DV4

Started by jonny, November 02, 2020, 11:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny

I am running Plan-G v4 Alpha Build 233 at my laptop as well as my main PC with P3DV4. I do think I have set up right according to docs in Plan-G v4. But when I start up PlanG at my laptop and try to connect to my PC, I get this eroor in the log file.
Obviously I do something wrong, but what?

23:14:23.7 Initiating SimConnect P3D connection.
23:14:23.7 Connect to SimConnect_P3D: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect, Version=3.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Ett försök att läsa in ett program med ogiltigt format gjordes.
File name: 'LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect, Version=3.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at Plan_G.Model.lm_SimConnect.Connect(IntPtr myWindow)
   at Plan_G.ViewModel.MainViewModel.SetFSConnected(Boolean value) in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\Plan-G\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs:line 3263

23:14:23.7 SetFSConnected: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect, Version=3.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Ett försök att läsa in ett program med ogiltigt format gjordes.
File name: 'LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect, Version=3.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at Plan_G.Model.lm_SimConnect.Disconnect()
   at Plan_G.ViewModel.MainViewModel.SetFSConnected(Boolean value) in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\Plan-G\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs:line 3294

tim arnot

Try the two MSFS simconnects. I suspect Simconnect 1 will give you the same error, but Simconnect 2 could work.

You'll need to configure SimConnect 2 from the options pamel. Instructions are in the Quick Start guide.

Tim. @TimArnot

jonny

Not better with  SimConnect 2.

14:55:41.0 Initiating SimConnect MSFS BB connection.
14:55:41.0 Connect
14:55:41.0 SimConnect.Connect - Remote. Mode = IPv4 Server = 192.168.1.50 Port = 4504
14:55:46.1 SimConnect connection attempt timed out
14:55:46.1 Disconnect
14:55:47.1 Disconnected from sim

tim arnot

This is an ongoing issue with msfs Simconnect, although it's the first time I've seen it with P3D. If none of the 3 SimConnects will work, only option right now is to use FSUIPC & WideFS, at least until we've figured out a fix.

Tim. @TimArnot

jonny

OK! when I use FSUIPC & WideFS it works. But when I try to set ADF or ILS frequencies Plan-G4 shuts down.  And when I set Connections parameters to FSUIPC Plan-G reset to SimConnect every time I restart Plan-g.

tim arnot

Parameters are only saved when Plan-G closes. So if it crashes they won't be saved. (it might be an idea to restart Plan-G one everything is set, then you'll know everything's been saved for sure)

Are you setting the frequencies by right-clicking the navaid on the map, or by tuning them on the radio stack?

Tim. @TimArnot

jonny

Quote from: tim arnot on November 04, 2020, 05:48:24 PM
Are you setting the frequencies by right-clicking the navaid on the map, or by tuning them on the radio stack?

I am setting by right-clicking the navaid on the map!