News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Build 234

Started by tim arnot, November 14, 2020, 07:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

Please rebuild your databases

v4 now keeps its data in Plan-G v4 Files. It will create the folder automatically. You will need to rebuild navigation databases (the schemas have changed, so there's no value in copying them from the old place. You can copy the DEM folder, charts, plans etc, as required. Database building is now faster (in the case of MSFS, MUCH faster).

This build also includes departure procedures for both MSFS and X-Plane 11. You can select and display them on the map, although you can't yet incorporate them into a flight plan. This will come in future builds. Also coming will be STARs and an overhaul of the approach mechanism. As this is a first pass at the feature, please report any gross error, screwups, misunderstandings of "how it works" etc

v4.0.0 (build 234)
* Added extra feedback around fixing airport names during MSFS db build
* Fixed theta/rho values incorrect (approach & departure procedures)
* Added checking for P3D v3 xml addons file
* Fixed incorrect logging of OS version in Win8+
* First pass reading MSFS departures
* Optimised MSFS database build - now very much faster
* improved storage of aprons - MSFS db now 616MB not 1.66GB! (file format change: all databases need rebuilding)
* Renamed MSFS database
* Airspace schema updated for better drawing efficiency
* Airspace export/import updated for new schema (note: import is very slow right now)
* Now uses its own dedicated Plan-Gv4 Files folder
* Renamed MSFS database
* AD chart now has a margin
* Fixed missing Hide Range Rings menu
* Added support for X-Plane 11.5 changes to ILS LOC bearing format
* Fixed wrong X-Plane procedures set loaded if Navigraph
* Display of most departures (SIDs) on the map - X-Plane & MSFS (Can't yet add to plan.)
* Tweaks to plan line drawing

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7CevcFpqG5YssjlP?e=s1E9dm

Tim. @TimArnot

ose159

Hi,

is there any planned activity to handle also di IVAO network ?
Thanks
Claudio Damiani

tim arnot

Yes, IVAO is on the list of things to add :)

Tim. @TimArnot

Res72

Hi Tim and congratulations for you great work on this very useful and awesome tool. I run Plan G on my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on a single PC and, more or less, it works fine but I'm becoming crazy to solve the only 2 issues I got: first of all, when I load on Plan G the IFR flight plan created by MSFS, I only see a straight line which represents the route between the departure and the arrival airports. I don't see the same route available on MSFS VFR map which include the way to land by ILS. I think that I built correctly the database, but the Plan G visualized flight plan route is different especially for final approach. Why?
Second thing: Plan G connection to MSFS only works if I run FSUIPC 7 before. That means Simconnect does not work: in fact, if I don't use FSUIPC and I push on "connect" on Plan G, nothing's happening and I don't see the airplane icon on the map.
Kind Regards.

tim arnot

Please attach the flight plan that doesn't work. Thanks.

Have you tried both Simconnect options? and are they set up correctly? Please attach a log file showing the connection attempts. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Res72

Thanks for your prompt response. So, the first attachment is a screenshot of flight plan created by MSFS. It is an IFR from Havana to Miami (landing on ILS 26L). You can see the deviation calculated for the final alignment (in violet colour). The second attachment is the flight plan loaded on Plan-G: like I wrote on my previous post, it does not consider the approach deviation. Please note that Plan-G is connected but I started FSUIPC 7 before to run Plan-G.
Then, I disconnected and I simply re-connect without FSUIPC and selecting Simconnect from Option (please see third screenshot). When I go to "Connect" button, I don't see any airplane icon. Attached you find the log file as per your rquest.

Kind Regards.

Res72

Hi. Simconnect connection issue solved after installation of the Build 234.

Res72

Anyway the problem of misalignment between MSFS IFR flight Plan and Plan-G loaded flight plan persists.

Kind Regards,
Arcangelo.

tim arnot

Plan-G doesn't yet have support for departure (or other) procedures in flight plans (per release notes).

Tim. @TimArnot

Res72

crezzi

Hi Tim,
my apologies but where is the V4 (Alpha) download please. I have registered and had a look around but can't see it any where. All the best Crezzi.

tim arnot

It's in the very first post of this thread.

Tim. @TimArnot

geloxo

Everything works perfect with this build. Many thanks sir! :azn:

Cheers