News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Frequency change ends in CTD in build 235

Started by jank1, December 09, 2020, 01:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jank1

When I try to change frequency in COM NAV or NDB the progran crash in CTD. No errors in Plan-G log.
Windowslog attached.

Windows 10
P3D 2.5

tim arnot

Could you attach the Plan-G log as well please.

Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Thanks. You're connected via FSUIPC, that's the information I was missing: the Windows error came from Simconnect, suggesting it couldn't load the DLL, which was confusing. This suggests that maybe there's some cross-contamination going on.

I shall investigate.

Tim. @TimArnot

jank1

Build 236 did not fix the CTD-problem when changing frequency.
Does the  "C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\Plan-G\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs:......" tell you anything. My user is C:\Users\Jan.
Do I have the correct .net version, 64 vs 32 bit.

Logs attached

tim arnot

Thank you. The filename and line number are important (to me). It's information relevant to the developer, you don't need to be concerned about the path.

Can you try setting the frequency via the radio stack popup window - hopefully that will work. It seems that the viewmodel file is an entry point to that code that I missed - it's still invoking the wrong dll. I'll definitely have that fixed for the next build though. (check your PMs tomorrow)

Tim. @TimArnot

jank1

Changing frequency in the RadioStack works OK both ways.

In the RadioStack window there is a small "Error".
After changing a frequency and tapping the <-> button the value change. But repeted tapping on the <-> button does not flip the frequency back and forth, you have to change somthing else first.

Back to chapter 8 in Wanted.

tim arnot

Build 237 (in the sticky at the top of the forum) should fix setting frequencies from the map. I looked into the toggle issue: I'm sending the command, but it's being blocked somewhere downstream of me. I'll get in touch with the author of the FSUIPC Client library & find out if there's anything he can do.

Tim. @TimArnot

jank1