News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Build 237

Started by tim arnot, December 16, 2020, 03:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

This is primarily a bug fix build - no new features this time. The next planned build will be in early 2021.
MSFS users should rebuild their database. No need to with other sims.

v4.0.0 (build 237)
* Fixed: Some SimConnect/FSUIPC calls were not being routed through the new aggregator
* Updated FSUIPCClient.dll to latest version

v4.0.0 (build 236)
* Fixed repetition of some navaids when Navigraph installed (MSFS)
* Added additional progress reporting for name lookups during db builds
* Fixed Active database not remembered between sessions if MSFS
* Fixed VSI over reading if BB connection
* Fixed PI procedure turn at start of approach transition was wrong
* Fixed some actions could cause an attempted load of an inappropriate Simconnect dll, with consequent errors
* Added Sim column to logbook Flights table
* Fixed Brakes Off did not record departure airport
* Fixed error with Move Aircraft if BB connection
* Fixed flight time continued to be logged after brakes on

Known issues: airspace is missing from the MSFS database if Navigraph installed.

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7CpMaipxMYTGagKa?e=BKHdRD

Tim. @TimArnot

aggrav8

Plan-G Installer for Build 237 (Plan-G.exe for x64) requires .NET Core so I downloaded/executed. Then attempted to install Plan-G again (even as administrator) but got the same requirement message. What did I miss?

Best Regards, Gary

tim arnot

You missed: its 32 bit, not 64 bit

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Known issues: airspace is missing from the MSFS database if Navigraph installed.

Tim. @TimArnot

Tarsier

Seems to be crashing MSFS every time I connect.  Is this unique to my system?

tim arnot

I haven't experienced any CTDs in MSFS. Is this something that started happening after the Dec 22 update? Does it happen with earlier builds of Plan-G (235, 234 etc)?

Tim. @TimArnot

Tarsier

I don't know about the version of MSFS affected.  Started happening about 2 days before I reported it, when I first tried the 237 build.  I jumped from 233 to 237 and just copied everything in the 237 ZIP file into the existing 233 (Plan-G build) folder.  Maybe that won't work?

When I copied a clean 233 over the same folder again (replacing all duplicate files), it worked fine again.  I have not tried any intermediate builds.

tim arnot

Shouldn't be any problem copying new files over the top - that's exactly how I update my laptop (used for all my regular flying, ie not a "test bed").

When exactly does the crash happen? Is it at the point of connection, or ha there been some back & forth messaging? (you can tell from the logs, whether the weather & aircraft have been updated in Plan-G etc)
Also, where are you in the sim? In the main (or other) menus, or have you pressed "Fly"?

Tim. @TimArnot

Tarsier

It was happening immediately after connecting, but... I think we can hold off on this one.  Another problem cropped up at about the same time, having to do with a faulty BIOS update for my laptop.  It was coincidental to my using Plan-G build 237.  That BIOS issue is resolved now and in the process of troubleshooting that, I reinstalled Plan-G 237, which seems to be working better now too.

I still get a Crash To Desktop sometimes in MSFS, but not immediately after connecting, so I think it is strictly a MSFS issue at this point.

I'm sorry if I've wasted any of your time.  It seemed like a strong correlation and I wanted to check and see if it was "just me" or something with Plan-G.  Glad it doesn't seem to be a Plan-G issue at all.  Thank you!

tim arnot

I've now seen reports that the sim can crash when using Little NavMap too. So that suggests a bug in MSFS.

Tim. @TimArnot

taccca

Hey
Noticed that in this version a couple issues with the aircraft profile (previous version I was using is 225).

Callsign blank on import
Perf. Fuel box displays Econ. Fuel rate even though it exports the correct value when first entered.
Ive included a screenshot showing the dialog box and profile file simultaneously

Also, if I close the aircraft profile dialog box and then re open it all values appear blank (happens if enter values (hit export or not) or import values)

tim arnot

The aircraft profile is being merged with the logbook, so it's in the process of being rewritten.

Tim. @TimArnot

tom

Hi Tim and thankyou for the update - seems to be working well in P3D5 for me, but can't get the "instrument approaches" to work.  Maybe already covered.

Great work, and cheers.
Cheers

tim arnot

what do you mean by "get them to work"?

Tim. @TimArnot

sauviat

Updated to build 237 today.

The sync is set, but the plane is not showing. To clarify, currently enroute across the Atlantic and I am seeing other traffic, while the bottom bar is showing my Lat/Long, speed and altitude etc. What have I missed?
Thanks
Martin