News:

Main Menu

How to highlight Airports on map

Started by LGKR, January 14, 2021, 09:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LGKR

Hi all

I have been using PlanG for quite some time with my P3D V4/V5 system, and I really like the software!

Over time I have built up a number of add-on airports - my favourite airports. I have tried to find a way to hilghlight those airports, so I can easily identify them on the map, but I dont know how to.  Is it possible to highlight certain airports on the map? E.g. hilghlight by a different colour, or a bigger icon or something like that. This would make it a lot easier to spot the favourite airports on the map and visualize which airports to fly from/to depending on the distance/time avaliable etc.

I have tried to add airports as user defined airstrips, but I find this extraordinarely cumbersome as I have to insert full GPS data on each airport.

Is there a way to just e.g. right click on an airport - and press "favourite" to highlight this airport on the map - in a different colour/style or something?

I think this would be a nice feature to the software! (if such a feature already exists, please guide me in the right direction!)

thanks

tim arnot

AddonAirports_<sim>.txt - turns the icons yellow
ImportantAddons_<sim>.txt - makes the icons double size

One set of files per database, so AddonAirports_FSX.txt, AddonAirports_P3D.txt etc. The files go in your Plan-G Files\Data (or Plan-Gv4 Files\Data)
In all cases the format is one ICAO per line, viz:

EGTN
KJFK
LEMD

etc.
In v3 there is some automation for the yellow icons with FSX and P3D, but X-Plane needs to be done by hand. There's further explanation in the readme. In v4, there's a UI for it: Data -> Addon Manager.
There's not currently a right-click->Make Airport Important option, but I can certainly look at that (in v4).

Tim. @TimArnot

LGKR

Thanks for your most helpful reply. This was just what I was looking for! At last my addon airports are shown clearly on the map!