News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

[B237] MSFS Data Improperly Displayed

Started by Relayer2112, February 14, 2021, 09:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relayer2112

Issue occurred after installing B237 and generating MSFS database. Airports, navaids etc all import, but names are not correctly displayed. If I toggle to the P3D database I've generated, it displays correctly.

In this example here, the highlighed airport displays as TT:AIRPORT0D.CZMT.name / city / country in all fields.

Any thoughts?

MSFS:

P3D:

tim arnot

Did the database build successfully before 237? What was your previous build?
(if your previous build was 236, you can revert to the backup database, by renaming it from Plan-G_NavDataMSFS_Bak.db to Plan-G_NavDataMSFS.db. This won't work if you attempted multiple rebuilds, as you will have overwritten your backup).

MSFS localises all its airport etc names, and consequently pulls them from a lookup file. If Plan-G couldn't find that file, it will show the untranslated lookup keys - which is what you're seeing.

Is your copy of MSFS from the Steam store? Microsoft store? or DVD? The name lookup tables will be in a different place depending on where it came from.

Did you set any paths for MSFS in the Build Options dialog? (the ideal answer to this is "no")

Tim. @TimArnot

Relayer2112

The database did successfully build before B237, however on updating to 237 from 233 I deleted the entire Plan-G folder and did a clean install. I unfortunately have made multiple attempts to rebuild the database, so my backup copy is also affected. My copy of MSFS is through the Microsoft Store. I initially had not set any path for MSFS, however I did try it with a path set after encountering this issue, and found it made no difference.

tim arnot

ok, please attach the log file, showing the db build. Thanks

Tim. @TimArnot

Relayer2112

tim arnot

Thanks.

I've just uploaded build 238, and that should fix the problem. (see the sticky at the top of this forum)
Because Navigraph for MSFS is still in beta, they sometimes change stuff, and one of those changes caught me out.

Tim. @TimArnot

Intweb

Hey Tim,

I've got the same problem, but in 238. The naming has never worked.

I don't have Navigraph installed (as a subscription service), I own the Steam version of the software.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Steve.

tim arnot

Please attach the log from  you database build. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Intweb

Thanks Tim, attached.

For info, en-US.locPak found in C:\Users\steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base
(have checked - the file contains the data).

MSFS Content Path: C:\Users\steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official

Intweb

Sorted Tim!

Found there were a number of Plan-G instances running in memory (via task manager). Closed them all, ran a-fresh and it works  ;D

Thank you.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

Marco Metzgen

Hi Tim,

Got the same problem here.  Working fine in FSX but not in MSFS.  Enclosed are a couple of images and the log file in the attachment.  Thank you for your support.

tim arnot

Quote from: Marco Metzgen on March 20, 2021, 07:31:18 PM
Hi Tim,

Got the same problem here.  Working fine in FSX but not in MSFS.  Enclosed are a couple of images and the log file in the attachment.  Thank you for your support.

Your log does not show a database build. Please rebuild your database and attach the log afterwards. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Marco Metzgen

As requested.  Done just now 23/03/21 @ 14:22 GMT

Regards

tim arnot

Looks like you've set an incorrect folder path for MSFS. I recommend that you don't do that - Plan-G will figure stuff out for itself.

If you do, the path should be D:\FS20\ NOT D:\FS20\Official\OneStore\

Tim. @TimArnot