News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

New install, but not in English.

Started by JSMR, March 17, 2021, 12:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JSMR

Hi, is there a way that I can change the install into English? 

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

JSMR

Ah...how do I find options if its not in English? Where am I looking?

tim arnot

File Menu.

Options is near the bottom.

Tim. @TimArnot

JSMR

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

JSMR

I can't select the file menu. There's no option to do that. I click the File and nothing happens. 'Primero' and 'Datos' are the only ones highlighted to select.

tim arnot

Ok, is this version 3?

In v3 you need to build a database before it'll let you do anything else. So (in Spanish) Primero -> Datos -> Construir base de jatos de navegaci

Tim. @TimArnot

JSMR

OK I'll try that.

Edit : that did do anything either. No data base was constructed.
This is version 3.2.2.167 using FS9 in Windows 10.

2nd Edit : I think I've found he issue - still making it un-usable for me - is that I don't have my FS9 in the default location (always recommended for W7/10 uses not to install to default). Plan-G only recognizes the default location. And unfortunately there isn't an option to change it.

Perhaps that could be a feature for a future version? Especially as the vast majority of uses now have their sim platform in a different location then default. 

Thanks for your help though.

tim arnot

In the Build Database dialog, click on the Settings button. There you will find the option to set the FS9 location.

Tim. @TimArnot

JSMR

Ok success!!
Because I have multiple installs, and all are renamed, I had to make sure the exe was what Plan-G is looking for by renaming one of them. It will only select the originally named exe.

But apart from that, success.

Appreciate the help again.