News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Build 240

Started by tim arnot, May 01, 2021, 08:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

This is Plan-G v4 build 240. New users, please read this before installing.

You will find the read me and Quick Start guides in the /docs folder.

Notes:
Aircraft profiles are now on the Logbook ribbon. The export/import format has also changed - it's now .json. Currently v4 will not read v3 profiles (that may change, depending on demand).
When you're connected to the sim, Plan-G will automatically load a profile, based on Manufacturer/Model names (sim generated). If there isn't a matching profile, it'll create a new one. Profiles are now stored in the logbook database, as part of the flight logging system. (*.profile.json files are only needed for interchange between users).
When a profile is populated with aircraft V speeds, the airspeed dial on the Plan-G PFD panel will automatically reconfigure itself to those speeds. It will show Vne (red line), green, white and yellow arcs, plus the blue line for twins. Configuration currently only happens once the sim is connected, and the aircraft has moved.
I've included a bunch of sample profiles for MSFS. Unzip them into your Plan-G v4 Files\Profiles folder. Then you can import them through the Aircraft Profile dialog.

MSFS users should rebuild your nav database in order to generate the new aircraft names lookup tables. This is not required for other sims.

v4.0.0 (build 240)
* Fixed Traffic icons were vertically displaced on the map
* Fixed error if connect to sim when a long way from the nearest airport
* Added support for Ivao data connection (Whazzup api)
* Scroll wheel control added to Radio stack
* Implemented Logbook Flight Detail View (not editable yet)
* Sim date & time now harvested in telemetry data (zulu and local)
* IMC & Night states now recorded for landing & takeoff
* X-Plane help text added to build dialog
* Added Settings panels for Vatsim poll interval and Logbook time display
* Added Aircraft List report (needs tidying)
* Last flown date recorded for each aircraft instance
* Aircraft engine type and number now pulled from the sim
* Aircraft names lookup is now a separate database (MSFS)
* Fixed: Date in flights list is now in sortable format
* Added new logbook button icons
* Added navigation buttons to aircraft profile and flight detail dialogs
* Fixed inconsistent 'nearest airport' test between Brakes Off/On and takeoff/landing handlers
* Tidied up AD draw
* Aircraft Profile dialog now uses .json format for expanded import/export features
* PFD panel now shows v speeds & arcs for the current aircraft (if they are defined in the aircraft profile)
  (limitation: only triggered once the aircraft moves off)
* Context Menu/double click aircraft in the Aircraft list to show profile dialog for that aircraft
* Context Menu/double click flight in flights list to show flight details for that flight
  (note: flight details not currently editable)
* Keyboard actions no longer disabled

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7FVT8mPZSsJ_Hi5S?e=MbGrsT

Sample MSFS Profiles link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7FSi18nc-ypKvHXN?e=BpuVnb

Tim. @TimArnot

johnbla

Sorry to report that scroll wheel on radio stack still not working (on my system anyway). Thanks.

tim arnot

What control are you scrolling on? And what aircraft (and what sim?), and how are you connected to it?

You should be able to see control activations in the log file (for example "IncrementCom1Fract", "DecrementADF" etc)

Tim. @TimArnot

ScottMDA

Hi!

I don't know how important  it is, but if you open the zip file you find the folder  Plah G and NOT Plan G.
Fortunately I saw it immediately,because Voice Attack couldn't run the exe file,because it was looking for the old name
with "n" and not "h"concerning the file location.
By the way, great program!!!

Cheers,

Scott

tim arnot

Oops - typo  :-[ I'll reupload it with the right name.

Tim. @TimArnot

Stevan44

Great job on the new revision!  Do you know if the next build will have the fix for TT.Airportek.name description?

johnbla

Tim, my apologies, all is fine with the radio stack scroll wheel. I had Plan G installed twice. Sorry for the hassle.

ScottMDA

Hi Tim

It is unfortunately unusable,it is freezing every minute.

Scott

W10 up to date,MSFS

tim arnot

What is your connection type?
Have you tried other connection types?
What is your update interval?
What are your traffic settings?
Have you tried turning traffic off?
What are your sim traffic settings?
Are you on a single computer or on a network?
Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting?

Tim. @TimArnot

ScottMDA

Hi Tim!

Either SimConnect 1 or 2.

Do not have FSUIPC.

Update interval 5seconds.

Yes ,with or without traffic.

Sim Traffic 50 percent cars,boats and ships.

Single Pc.

Tried everything.

Today it  is not working  at all.

Scott

tim arnot

If it's a single PC, does Plan-G overlap the sim window?

Can you attach the log file? Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

ScottMDA

Hope the helps!

Scott

tim arnot

Do you have the connection set to 'Lock'? If so, try setting it to Sync or Free. There don't seem to be any errors reported, but it is continually redrawing the map at least once a second, so 'Lock Mode' is the obvious suspect.

Also, it's probably not a good idea to build a database while the sim is running (but I don't think that's the primary cause of your issues)

Tim. @TimArnot

ScottMDA

Hi Tim !

I tried to use different modes "lock" ,"free","sync" unfortunately no success.
Now it is disconnecting itself.

Scott

---===+++ 13/05/2021 +++===---

08:49:25.5 Starting Plan-Gv4 build 4.0.0.238
08:49:25.5 OS is Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19042.0
08:49:25.5 Plan-G Files folder is: C:\Users\nisco\Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files
08:49:27.5 Map tiles cache: C:\Users\nisco\AppData\Local\GMap.NET\
08:49:27.6 Map provider: BingHybridMap

tim arnot

Hmm. There was nothing else in the log to suggest anything specific. Did going back to 238 improve anything?

Tim. @TimArnot