News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

.DOT NET

Started by BABAR66, June 01, 2021, 03:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BABAR66

>:D Hi I am having trouble trying to start Plan G 4 for MSFS. It ask me about ".dot.net, but already the version 4.6.2 is installed on my computer. I don't know what to do. Thanks for your comment if any.

tim arnot

Plan-G uses DotNet Core 3.1, not DotNet 4. The reasons for the change are explained in the "read this before installing" post at the top of this board:

Quote2. Dot Net. With v4, Plan-G has migrated to Dot Net Core v3.1. The first time you run Plan-G, you will be asked to download and install Dot Net Core (x86). You should get automatically directed to the download page, but in case  you don't, here's the link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-3.1.12-windows-x86-installer
INSTALL THE 32-Bit ("x86") VERSION!
Why change? This gives cross-platform compatibility, and a certain level of independence, which may become important down the road.

Tim. @TimArnot

BABAR66

Hi and thanks for your answer. Unfortunately after downloading 3.1, windows installed it on HD C: under "dotnet" folder (see picture) and even after restarting the computer PlanG still can't find it and do not start (see picture). Do they have to be in the same HD ?  "A kind of obstacle course" :) >:D Thanks for your feedback.

tim arnot

Your install looks right, and Plan-G _should_ see it. Have you tried a reboot?

Tim. @TimArnot

BABAR66

Oh yes many time, I don't understand what's matter. If you think about something please feel free to msg me. Thanks.

BABAR66

Finally it start working, everything ok....Why? Good question. It needed to start FSMS before. AHAHAHAH  ;D You must inform the newbie about this specific condition. Thanks again for your good job. Take care, Jacques

x71101

Hi Tim,
A.From your, Read this before installing Sticky:
Read this before Installing
2. Dot Net. With v4, Plan-G has migrated to Dot Net  v5.0. You do not need to download or install any runtime components, as these are all included in the program itself.\

B.From your Quick Start Sticky:
Plan-G Quick Start pdf.
The first time you run Plan-G, you will be prompted to install DotNet Core v3.1 (if you have
not already done so). Please be sure to install the x86 version.

C.The following was in your reply above dated June 01 2021.
2. Dot Net. With v4, Plan-G has migrated to Dot Net Core v3.1. The first time you run Plan-G, you will be asked to download and install Dot Net Core (x86). You should get automatically directed to the download page, but in case  you don't, here's the link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-3.1.12-windows-x86-installer
INSTALL THE 32-Bit ("x86") VERSION!
Why change? This gives cross-platform compatibility, and a certain level of independence, which may become important down the road.

In my case, no request to download anything at initial start up.
I downloaded v3.1 from microsoft.
First flight connected ok.
Am i wrong to have installed v3.1? Can you explain apparent conflict in these instructions.
Sorry if this appears pedantic but it does appear confusing to me newbie.
Thanks and Regards.

tim arnot

The Quick Start is out of date: it needs to be updated. Dotnet 3.1 is totally unnecessary after build 244.

Tim. @TimArnot