News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

unable to connect to my Xplane 11, using build 240

Started by monirgeadah, June 02, 2021, 12:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monirgeadah

Hi Tim.
I have build 240 installed and the right Dot net version and FSUIPC in my XPlane 11 plugins.
I can connect OK to my MSFS but I can not connect to my Xplane 11 using installed XPUIPC connection.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

I installed the latest build 243 but the APP will not open and say it is not a Microsoft verified APP. Get app from the store.

tim arnot

Hmm, I have no problem connecting to Xplane + XPUIPC (X-Plane 11.5.3 / XPUIPC 2.0.3.8-64 bit). I'm using 243. but the last change to XP/FSUIPC in Plan-G was back in 238, and that was just to update the internal library to the latest version. There's been nothing since.

Can you upload the log file showing the connection attempt?

When Microsoft throws up the "app not verified" warning (and it'll do that to anything from outside its expensive ecosystem), there should be an Open Anyway button you can click. If there isn't you probably need to be running as an administrator.

Tim. @TimArnot

monirgeadah

Thank you Tim for your great help as usual.

Sorted out the installation of downloaded build 243, by changing the installation options configuration to the one for install from any were and without asking for permission from Microsoft. This worked fine for both XPlane  11 and for my MSFS..

One thing I am not sure what it does and whether it helps if I alter the number of seconds on it.  It is the online Vatsim option, Poll Data every 30 seconds.

Would I benefit from setting it to 10 seconds, not sure what it can do.

tim arnot

That controls how often Plan-G polls the Vatsim servers for traffic positions, controllers etc. Before Vatsim upgraded their servers and protocols earlier this year, it was fixed at 3 minutes. But now we are able, both technically and within the Vatsim regs, to poll more frequently. I believe the minimum poll time is around 15 seconds (at least, that's the server update frequency, as I understand it). IVAO still uses the old fixed 3 minute system, but they will also be upgrading "soon".

It has no bearing on X-Plane's connection to Vatsim, or Plan-G's connection to X-Plane (or MSFS).

Tim. @TimArnot

monirgeadah

Thank you Tim.

Very helpful explanation and clarification. I will leave it as it is on 30 seconds.

Just received great news about the coming upgrades to the XPlane Graphics and lightings.

Thank you again for your great and indispensable PlanG.

Regards and best wishes.

DR Monir Geadah