News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Quick access bar/ribbon in v4, wont save

Started by oleandreasen, November 13, 2021, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oleandreasen

Hi.

In version 3 I use the Quick Access toolbar all the time. Adding things to it, and it saves itself when I close Plan-g v3xx. But in version 4 (I use 4.00252 now) when I add things like "connect" or others, to the Quick Access Toolbar, does not save when I close the program. Any idea why not?

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

oleandreasen

Not to rush - just curious. Did you find out why the quick access ribbon dont save

tim arnot

Yes, some code had fallen out of the project.  :-[

It's back in the next update, which should be sometime this weekend.

Tim. @TimArnot

oleandreasen

oleandreasen

Eh... I downloaded v.400255

And I am sorry to say that it still does not work. Always loads the default ribbon when re-starting the program.

tim arnot

Strange . . . it saves my new configuration every time, checked on two different computers.

Try deleting the settings file (in C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Local\TA_Software\Plan-G<Magic Number>\<version number>\) which will force it to rebuild it.

Be aware though that in v4 if you just delete settings for the current version, it will pull the settings from the previous version. So to truly go back to defaults you need to delete them all, or at least rename the parent directory.

Tim. @TimArnot

oleandreasen

I did all that. Found the three different versions of Plan-G 4 in the path you showed me. I deleted them all, and when exiting v.255 it promptly rebuilt the user confic file. I had made one change to the QA ribbon, but when restarting the program, it was back to default.

I still have version 3 on my PC, and it works like a charm.

tim arnot

Scratches head...

It was working yesterday! I'll have to see what happened   :-\

Tim. @TimArnot

oleandreasen

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

oleandreasen

OK - thanks for update. V4 is working fine in all other departments, so I am enjoying it immensely. Thanks for the program. :)

tim arnot

This is a statement from the ribbon developers:

"The current implementation for persisting (saving and loading) quick access items relies on the order and structure of the logical tree.
Every time I make changes to the logical tree structure this state storage breaks for many users/consumers.
Because of this breaking nature I will remove the built in storage mechanism till someone suggests a better way to store quick access items on disk."

So, it's been disabled in the library, at least for now. I updated the ribbon to a newer version in build 257, but it still doesn't persist.

Tim. @TimArnot

oleandreasen

This is sad news, but quite understandable. Thanks for the effort.