News:

Main Menu

No information showing on map

Started by RocketRick, December 20, 2021, 08:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketRick

With version 255 installed I am no longer able to see the map symbols (VOR ISEC, NDB etc) on the map itself.  I run it networked.  I have 255 on both computers and use the one on the FS computer to compile the database and then copy the resulting files from the documents folder to the documents folder on my networked PC.  The info shows up just fine on my main computer but will not show up at all on the networked PC.  I'm rather at a loss.

-Rick

tim arnot

Did you activate the database (click the button for your sim on the Data ribbon)?

Tim. @TimArnot

RocketRick

Well, imagine that.  I do nothing...just load it up again....and everything comes back up.  Gotta love computers.  Never mind.

-Rick

Benso Camillo

Same problem as Rick, solved with a restart of the application.
Note that I've built DB for both FSX and XP at the same time, at the end only the FSX display option was available.
Thanks and happy holidays :-)
Gabus

lopentan

Since i update 255 no data for airports, vors, ndb, etc, rebuid msfs database 5 time, ony use msfs database and i click in that database, but not work. Previus works fine. i delete all about plang, star for the beguining not luck.

tim arnot

What version did you update from? If is was an earlier v4, the database should have been fine in build 255 (there's pretty much never any need to rebuild the database for a Plan-G update, unless specifically told to).

Please check the size of your database (Plan-G v4 Files\Data\Plan-G_NavDataMSFS.db) - it should be somewhere around 900MB. And if not, please do a database build and attach the log file to this thread. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

lopentan

tim arnot

Thanks. 212mb is the size of an empty database.

Your log does not show any errors during the database build, so the question is, why is your database empty?

09:14:54.4 Preparing database for new data
09:14:54.4 Escribiendo 39197 Aeropuertos
09:15:56.6 Escribiendo 8952 VORs
09:15:57.1 Escribiendo 4144 NDBs
09:15:57.2 Escribiendo 73336 Limites del espacio aereo
09:16:12.0 Escribiendo 230646 Intersecciones
09:16:15.3 Generating Airways
09:16:16.2 Totals: isecs = 230646 isecs with routes = 46093 airway segments = 68820
09:16:16.2 Escribiendo 125709 Aerovias
09:16:29.8 Wrote 125709 airway segments.
09:16:29.8 Database load complete.

That seems to indicate that you should have a very full database - 875Mb or so.

The only thing unusual that I can see in the log (other than there are no attempts to draw any airports/navaids) is that your Plan-G files folder is set to C:\Users\joaki\Documentos\Plan-G Files instead of the more usual Plan-G v4 Files. But this should not cause a problem (I tried a different folder name myself, and the database built fine in the new location).

Have you rebooted your PC? (the classic "switch it off and on again") It's possible that there's some weird file locking going on that survives just restarting the program...

Or maybe for some reason it has created the database file in Plan-Gv4 Files\Data instead of Plan-G Files\Data. It's worth looking to see if you can find the database in the wrong place.

Another thing worth checking: Look for a file called Plan-G_TempData.db
This is the database that Plan-G actually creates. When it has done this, it renames the current active database to Plan-G_NavDataMSFS_Bak.db and then finally renames TempData to NavDataMSFS. (this is the "Database load complete" entry in the log above). If that process somehow failed or got interrupted, you should still have the Plan-G_TempData.db file. You can manually rename that to Plan-G_NavDataMSFS.db before starting Plan-G, and it should then be fine.

All else failing, here is a database I built earlier. If you unzip it to your data folder, you should at least be able to use it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6b3gwelf0ybe4y/Plan-G_NavDataMSFS.zip?dl=0

(edited because the forum seems to have problems with accented characters)

Tim. @TimArnot

lopentan

Thanks Tim but nothing work, tomorrow i will do it all again or wait until next update.

I will remove all data.
Thanks for your time.

lopentan

I reinstall all again and works fine. I dont know why didnt work last times. Thanks a lot for my plan G is an esencial tool.