News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Fs2004 building Database stucks at airspace boundaries

Started by flyhigh, January 29, 2022, 09:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyhigh

Hello
on v4.0.0.255, building the database for Fs2004 stucks at the end of the section airspace boundaries. The sections before are built well. I'm on Windows 10 21h2 and FS2004.
Already tried to run PlanG as admin and choosing the path to FS2004 manually without success.

Thanks for helping

tim arnot

Gould you attach the Plan-G log generated when you attempted to build the database please (Plan-Gv4 Files\Plan-G_log.txt)

Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

flyhigh

Ok, log attached

A few minutes ago I downloaded the latest version announced as 4.0.0.257 but the program and log are showing 4.0.0.256
Log is created with the latest version (4.0.0.257 or 4.0.0.256)

flyhigh

Hello Tim,
do you have new findings concerning my prob in building the data base for FS2004?
Thanks

tim arnot

Not really. The log just stops when it tries to write airspaces - presumably it just hangs or crashes. There are no obvious errors (well, there are some Addon sceneries it barfs on, but they shouldn't cause this problem). I don't have FS9 installed on this PC, but I've got a CD-ROM drive on order, so hopefully I can install it at the weekend. Then maybe I shall know more...

Tim. @TimArnot

flyhigh

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Huh, that's what comes from replying from my iPad! somehow it deleted most of my reply!

What I said was I'm still waiting for a replacement USB DVD drive, since my PC doesn't have the connectors to be able to use the old one.

Anyhow, the new drive arrived today and I spent a few happy hours installing FS9 (it really didn't like discs 2 & 3 for some reason)
And the database built with no problems.
It is rather large (bigger even than the MSFS db), which is somewhat perplexing, and something I think I need to investigate. But it does work. I've attached a copy that you're welcome to use in the meantime.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/js9y0f9tzyfs6t8/Plan-G_NavDataFS9.zip?dl=0

Tim. @TimArnot

flyhigh

Thanks a lot for your virginal FS2004 db  :) I guess it just contains FS stock data. I've a lot of addon airports and think their data won't show as it does in v 3.2.2. 167.
Strangely, in that version building the db went well, with the same addons. But wait, right now I remember having copied a new bgl to the sim recently which simplifies the FIR Center boundaries... I'll undo that and start a new trial in building the db with the newest version of PlanG. I'll keep you informed...

tim arnot

I'd advise you stick to the one I posted (yes it is just stock data). I found what the bug is - it's trying to create  700,000  airspaces instead of the normal 19,000, and probably running out of memory. (the bug is that for every bgl file that contains no facilities data at all, it duplicates the airspaces from the last bgl it read. Basically, it zeroed the counters before processing new data, but if there was no data, the counters didn't get zeroed.)

It'll be fixed in the next update, hopefully sometime this week.

Tim. @TimArnot

flyhigh

That sounds good. Restoring the original bgl (simplified FIR Center boundaries) did nothing. Your findings match my experience I made yesterday well. During waiting for the db to be finished I got the message "out of memory".
So stay tuned

Thanks

flyhigh

Hi Tim,

on 4.0.0.259 all works well now.
Thanks a lot for your efforts!