News:

Main Menu

I see no data for MSFS

Started by jfri, March 21, 2022, 11:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfri

If I choose P3D or XP I see VOR NDB and airports on the map. But with MSFS nothing. I have tried building navigation database but I am not sure anything happened for MSFS. Is the content folder the same as community folder ?

tim arnot

Did you change any of the directory/path locations in Plan-G for MSFS? Generally speaking you should not.

When you built the database for MSFS, how long did it take? Seconds or minutes?

Were there any errors shown in the Plan-G log file? (the Quick Start Guide gives instructions for locating it)

Try restarting Plan-G and building the MSFS database as the first thing you do. The MSFS data set is very resource intensive, and the build might sometimes fail if you built other databases first.

Tim. @TimArnot

jfri

Quote from: tim arnot on March 22, 2022, 02:39:05 PM
Did you change any of the directory/path locations in Plan-G for MSFS? Generally speaking you should not.

There were no path to change from start. I then set the content folder to the community folder

When you built the database for MSFS, how long did it take? Seconds or minutes?

A sidenote. The verification questions are driving me crazy. I must repeat until the question about IFR rules is gone. No googling are anything has helped me figure out what is expected to be there

It took about one second

Were there any errors shown in the Plan-G log file? (the Quick Start Guide gives instructions for locating it)

Try restarting Plan-G and building the MSFS database as the first thing you do. The MSFS data set is very resource intensive, and the build might sometimes fail if you built other databases first.

The only log file I find is from 2021
Restarting Plan-G and trying again did not help

tim arnot

1. Delete the path information from Plan-G. (a) you don't need it and (b) it should NOT be the community folder. (it should be a level above, but you don't need it.)

2. It probably took so little time because you had pointed it to the wrong place. Try it again without the folder set. It should take typically a few minutes.

3. The log is in Plan-Gv4 Files\ If you were looking in the folder for an earlier Plan-G you won't find it.

Tim. @TimArnot