News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

V4: Plan Elevation has no data

Started by waterman46, May 12, 2022, 11:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterman46

Can't get Plan Elevation in V4.0.0.259 to show anything.  Running W11.  The window comes up with the Y axis from 0 to about 1 ft. and distance of 0 to 1nm on the X axis.   Loading the same .plg file in Version 3.2.2.167 this plan shows some peaks up to about 10000ft.  Would attach .plg but can't see way to attach a file here.

tim arnot

Did you copy the DEM files from Plan-G Files\DEM to Plan-Gv4 Files\DEM ?

Tim. @TimArnot

Bassman

I have downloaded the folder  all10g.zip, have unzipped to  all10g  .  Now inside that folder is another folder "all10". Do I copy that folder as is to my empty DEM folder or do I copy all the individual files separately to the DEM folder. Thank you.

tim arnot

You don't need any empty folders:

Tim. @TimArnot

fabs79

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something obvious, but MY, Plan G V4 DEM Folder is also empty. How do I get the DEM files if I don't have the previous version anymore? Thank you!

waterman46

I downloaded and extracted all the elevation data files into DEM folder in my PlanGv4 folder.  Still I get no data in the Plan Elevation, for a loaded flight plan. 

tim arnot

Could you attach a screenshot of your dem folder and its parent directory, so I can see how you have it set up? Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

waterman46

I tried to attach images using the feature in this forum, but didn't see them in the preview.  Then added image links to imgbb server but still don't see them in preview.

The first image shows the file locations.   Looks the same as the suggestion sent in an earlier post.

And below that is a simple Flight Plan and result of clicking the Plan Elevation button showing no altitude data, where my flight plan itself apparently CAN read elevation info since it shows reasonable MEF and Cruise Altitude for this area.

waterman46

Those images for my previous post are in
https://ibb.co/98XLC6m
and
https://ibb.co/NV52808
which can be viewed in a web browser.
I put those links between img tags in the previous post but it looks like that didn't work.

tim arnot

Ok, you've put it in the wrong place. It should be in My Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files\ not C:\Plan-Gv4\

Tim. @TimArnot