News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Multiplayer Aircraft

Started by Sam2299, May 27, 2022, 03:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam2299

Hi Tim
Flying MSFS Sim, is there a way I can see on plan G other player's aircrafts and labels?
Thanks, Sam

tim arnot

The problem is that MSFS simply doesn't broadcast multiplayer aircraft through Simconnect. But if you're in a co-op group, you can use a utility such as JoinFS https://joinfs.net and then everyone connected to the same JoinFS session will show up in Plan-G as regular AI.

There is an artefact with JoinFS, that sometimes another player will show up in the sim with two overlaid aircraft. But that doesn't affect Plan-G.

The other way of seeing other players is via online networks such as Vatsim or IVAO, both of which are supported in Plan-G (but be aware that those networks are cross-sim, and so traffic may not be just MSFS).

In terms of simply general multiplayer traffic that happens to be in your area in MSFS, then no, that information is not fed out to connected clients, which is a real shame. (I think partly it depends on what servers the players are connected to. I've been in multiplayer sessions where some guys have seen different sets of multiplayer traffic compared to others.)

Tim. @TimArnot