News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Problem unzipping latest version Plan-Gv4

Started by oldmattila, July 30, 2022, 11:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmattila

Hi,

Unzipping the latest version is broken for me - I get an error message that Plan-Gv4.0.1.262.zip is not valid.

When I tried unzipping with winRAR - I get also these error messages :
! C:\Users\.....\Downloads\Plan-Gv4.0.1.262.zip: Unexpected end of archive
! C:\Users\.....\Downloads\Plan-Gv4.0.1.262.zip: The archive is corrupt

Can you check the zip file? Thank you.

Mathieu

tim arnot

I've just downloaded & unzipped it on 3 machines and 2 operating systems. The zip is fine.

Tim. @TimArnot

oldmattila

That's odd. I will have to look further for the reason and solution of this problem.

Mathieu

oldmattila

The problem is solved.
I have used the google chrome browser for a new download instead of microsoft edge and now everything is ok
Good to know.

Mathieu

Der Rote Baron

Same problem here. I tried it with Vivaldi, Opera, Firefox ESR 102 and JDownloader 2 but always incomplete or corrupt.

tim arnot

What are you unzipping with? the native OS unzip or some other tool?

In the past couple of days I've downloaded and unzipped it from home, and from a cafe using public wifi, on a PC, a Windows laptop, a raspberry Pi 400, a MacBook, even an iPad. All with no problems. In all cases I used the native unzip on that machine (Win, MacOS, iOS, Pi OS).

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Also, are you using download accelerators or anti virus tools? These could interfere with the download.

Tim. @TimArnot

Der Rote Baron

On another PC the download worked fine.

I use WinRAR 6.11 for unzipping. But the problem was an incorrect/incomplete download. I'm using no download manager and anti virus had been disabled. It's a bit strange because I don't have any download problems on other websites.

For others: if you get any problems, try another device.

tim arnot

That's very odd. But glad you have it resolved.

Tim. @TimArnot

Gloster Approach

I have the same problem.

Edition   Windows 10 Home
Version   21H1
Installed on   ‎08/‎11/‎2020
OS build   19043.1889
Experience   Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

That version is up to date according to the updater.

Using MS Edge without any modification and just clicking on the Download button on the website. It spends quite a while trying to download something at about 200Kb/s. Final file size is 83,895 KB. When I open the resulting zip file using the "open" link in the browser I get the above reported "invalid" message. If I select the zip file and click Extract All, it tells me it's empty. I downloaded Firefox (much to Microsoft's disgust!) and got the same result with that. Likewise Google Chrome.

The link it is downloading is :- http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/?wpdmpro=plan-g-v4-0-1-262&wpdmdl=1155&refresh=62f66b124a39e1660316434

I'm at a loss and stuck with the previous version of Plan-G.

If no one has a fix, I'll try updating Windows to 21H2

Mike

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

Gloster Approach

Many thanks Tim. Very much appreciated. I'm doing fine thanks.
That download worked straightaway. Still baffled but thanks again.

unclejamal

hi. just downloaded the current version with Firefox. When unzipping it with 7-zip i got the following error:
Datenfehler: Plan-Gv4\System.Windows.Forms.dll

when i download it with Edge, and also using 7-zip to unzip, i got the following error instead:
Datenfehler: Plan-Gv4\PresentationFramework.Luna.dll

have been successfully unzipping Plan-G in the past on the same system/installation.

rjevansuk

I am also having problems downloading and opening with WinZip.
I have tried downloading with MS Edge and FireFox to no avail. The file size is 76.4 winzip says it is not a valid archive.

tim arnot

Have you tried downloading the Dropbox link 2 posts above?

Tim. @TimArnot