News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Script running slowly

Started by Grunt, January 08, 2010, 04:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt

What causes Plan-G to give me the "A script on this page is running slowly" messages.  It seems to happen randomly and even when my system is  not being used heavliy.

TangoEcho

Plan-G is trying to load too much info.

In each Zoom level you need to select what info you need at that level. The further out you are the more info it tries to show e.g. things like points of interest or ILS feathers etc, deselect.

Tom

Grunt

Quote from: TangoEcho on January 08, 2010, 09:14:43 AM
Plan-G is trying to load too much info.

In each Zoom level you need to select what info you need at that level. The further out you are the more info it tries to show e.g. things like points of interest or ILS feathers etc, deselect.

Ahh, I see so Plan-G tries to display ILS even if I look at the whole US.  Thanks.

tim arnot

ILS is not present in 0.8. But if you zoom out and select (say) small airports, in the US, then you will overwhelm it. The maximum detail before you start to get timeout warnings will vary according to where you are looking in the world. The US is most dense and so will generate warnings earlier than other places (the data is all rendered on Google's server and sent back to Plan-G to display)

Tim. @TimArnot

Grunt

Quote from: tim arnot on January 08, 2010, 02:29:14 PM
ILS is not present in 0.8. But if you zoom out and select (say) small airports, in the US, then you will overwhelm it. The maximum detail before you start to get timeout warnings will vary according to where you are looking in the world. The US is most dense and so will generate warnings earlier than other places (the data is all rendered on Google's server and sent back to Plan-G to display)

I see.  I do have small airports selected and was in the US!