News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

never had a problem before v9

Started by teecee, January 12, 2010, 06:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teecee

I just installed V9, and as I have never had a problem before, not since day one and the first install and all subsequent versions. I am amazed to find that v9 cannot connect to FSX.. I have changed nothing except installing the new version.. Any ideas what may be wrong? Teecee.

jschall

Is Plan-G on the same machine as FSX?

What is your FS Connections setup?

Take a look at the Plan-G_Log.txt, and attach it here so we can help you get connected.

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

cattz

I have the same problem. Can't connect to FSX.
I'll also post the last 2 (relevent) entries of the log

Tried connecting several times as the log shows. All ran OK until connect so log is shortened.

Beatles-blog ???? That's from windows Live!!

alexf

Look at your Options/FS Connection dialog. Are you using SimConnect?
If so, are you using IPv4? Make sure you have set it to localhost and server port=0
HTH

tim arnot

In 0.8 the port number was ignored for localhost (and 90% of connections failed as a result).

In 0.9 you MUST set the port number to 0 for a localhost (or 127.0.0.1 or ::1) IP connection. See the manual, pages 49 - 51 for the full set of connection options.

The supplied log shows the port number is set to 4504. This needs to be changed to 0.

Tim. @TimArnot

cattz

OK that's fixed it, but why did the settings need to be changed?
Previous version I had SimConnect (FSX) pipe, localhost and 4504 and connected OK.

Just read Tim's reply.  (if all else fails - RTFM  ;))

Sherman M. Kaplan

I also hd a connect problem until reading about the Port set to 0. that did it...again, Tim...thanks for a great program!

Sherm

teecee

All done, Thanks for all the help..Teecee