News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Import User Waypoints Failure

Started by Tony Driver, January 13, 2010, 03:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Driver

Log shows:
QuoteError importing C:\ProgramFiles\Plan-G\Userwaypoints.csv: Insufficient data on line1. Only 9 columns (needs a minumum of 5)
???

Having exported from version 8.1, and edited out all those already included in version 9.0, this message comes when trying to import what's left.

I'm running FSX on desktop with Plan-g on Laptop connected via FSUIPC.
Tony

jschall

I've not tried this myself, but check that your imported records meet these criteria (from the Manual):

7.4.6 Importing and Exporting Records
You can import or export data files containing user waypoints so long as the number of fields matches exactly the number of fields in the User Waypoint database (9).  These files must be comma separated value (CSV) files of the form
[CATEGORY],[NAME],[IDENTIFIER],[LATITUDE],[LONGITUDE],[ELEVATION],
[MAGVAR],[TAG],[NOTES]
e.g.
VRP,BOLAM LAKE,NEWCASTLE,55.1254997253418,-.87133300304413,0,4,UK,
Note the order of fields isn't exactly as shown in Plan-G.  Also note that the final comma denotes that the 9th field [NOTES] is empty in the example, but must be accounted for by that final comma after "UK".  In other words, in any record you wish to import, you must have 8 commas otherwise the import will fail.

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

Tony Driver

The first record in the file which fails to load looks like this:
"POI","Alcock & Brown landing site","Phew!",53.4671516418457,-10.03249168396,0,6.93,"EI","Landed upside down in a bog - but still heros"

That has eight commas = nine fields. All other records have eight commas. Maybe Plan-G doesn't like quotes round the text fields? though that's quite normal in a CSV file. I'll try it with no quotes.

Edit to add: Yes that solved the problem - quotes are not required, in fact they cause the error.
Tony