News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

No csv files folder

Started by gkkes, January 14, 2010, 07:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gkkes

No csv files folder was created by the installer.

I wonder if this may confuse new users.

When I first clicked on "manage user waypoints" Vista pop-up states "No directory exists".

I dont remember, but was this automatic on previous versions?

best wishes

Kev

tim arnot

Plan-G doesn't have a csv files folder - you must have created it yourself, and removed it when you installed the new version.

Tim. @TimArnot

gkkes

ok Tim

yes, that is possible. I guess I created it within the Plan-G directory of the previous version.

Correct me if I'm wrong - This version 9x doesn't have an installer, you just unzip it, create a shortcut etc

As suggested in the Read Me file, I renamed the old folder and copied the new from the zip file.
As I received a "No such file exists" from Vista, does that not mean that the file locations are held somewhere?
The only way the prog knew about my csv folder was from within the Manage user waypoints/Import of the older version!
Is a cfg file held somewhere else?

tim arnot

Build 410 now has an app to zap the registry settings.

Tim. @TimArnot

gkkes

Hi Tim

Just d/l the latest build.
I installed exactly as previously. Rename Old Plan-G folder, copy new one over from the zip.

I ran the ClearAllSettings.exe and have a popup....
It's a "Plan-G Map Reset Util" which states
         There was an error clearing settings:
         Registry key has subkeys and recursive removes are not supported by this method.

best wishes

Kev

ps As a quick aside, my Plan-G window when maximised (1280x1024) doesn't quite make the right hand side of the screen. I noticed this after closing the window behind instead of Plan-G itself.

tim arnot

Try running MapReset.exe first - that'll delete the subkeys.

You sure your window is maximised? Mine definitely fills the screen...

Tim. @TimArnot

grumman

Quote from: gkkes on January 15, 2010, 04:53:47 PM
ps As a quick aside, my Plan-G window when maximised (1280x1024) doesn't quite make the right hand side of the screen. I noticed this after closing the window behind instead of Plan-G itself.

I'm seeing the same thing (build 409). Running under Win7 RC with dual monitors, both 1680x1050, and Plan-G in the secondary monitor, when maximised it doesn't quite fill the screen. There is a narrow unfilled boundary (about 2mm) at the right and bottom. Minimising and maximising again makes no difference. Sometimes when the program closes, it leaves a white boundary line down the right and bottom of the screen. A screen refresh is needed to clear it.

Greg

tim arnot

Is this on the right-hand or left-hand monitor? Are both monitors the same resolution? Which is the primary?

Tim. @TimArnot

grumman

Quote from: tim arnot on January 16, 2010, 01:25:34 AM
Is this on the right-hand or left-hand monitor? Are both monitors the same resolution? Which is the primary?

FSX is running in windowed mode on primary (left). Plan-G is running on secondary (right). Both monitors are same resolution (1680x1050).

Greg

gkkes

I'm seeing it on the right hand side,  single pc, single monitor.

best wishes