News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan Elevation

Started by grumman, January 15, 2010, 09:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumman

I'm using the latest version (I think) 9.0.409. Brilliant software, and my thanks to Tim and the team. I have a few questions:

Regarding the Plan Elevation profile, is it possible to display current aircraft position relative to ground elevation? I gather this is presently available only after the event.

Also, I note that the elevation profile dips to sea level at the destination, irrespective of the airport elevation.

How is MEF calculated? It appears to be Lowest Safe Altitude (1000ft above highest obstacle), but the manual indicates that it is the altitude of the highest obstacle.

Thanks,

Greg

tim arnot

Build 410 is now current (as of 5 minutes ago  ;))

It is not possible at this time to overlay the aircraft onto the elevation profile, but it is on the wish list.

MEF is calculated by looking at the highest ground elevation in each half-degree square, and rounding up to the next100ft. The MEF for a leg looks at all the squares through which the leg passes, and takes the highest value. MEF equates to the big elevation numbers you see printed in the grid squares of a VFR chart/sectional. It is not the Minimum Safe Altitude, nor is it the highest point within 10 miles of track.

The drop to 0 at the end is just how the chart gets drawn.

Tim. @TimArnot