News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Plan-G Data Base

Started by trot3911, January 15, 2010, 01:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trot3911

Hi to all and thanks for this wonderfull Soft.
After installing Plan-G as requested by the Manual and building the Data Base, it seems to me that Plan-G does not build the addons. I have several addons. The one I am interested in is the addition of the small Airport CB31 (Pourvoirie l'Escapade in northen Quebec. This airport is listed in my FSX Airports list after installing that addon.
What should I do to have Plan-G to show that Airport on his Google Map?
Thanks in advance for the answers.

tim arnot

Are you building the database across a network, or on the FS PC?

If you look in the log file (plan-G_Log.txt), you should see the progress through your scenery.cfg recorded. Your addon should be listed near the top.

Tim. @TimArnot

trot3911

Hi Tim thanks for the fast reply,
I am building the Data Base from a FS PC.
The Plan-G log shows that it recognize the addons scenery. Here is an extract of the log:

8:00:28 AM Building database for FSX
8:00:28 AM FS directory is: F:\Program Files\
8:00:28 AM Scanning Scenery.cfg (F:\Program Files\Scenery.cfg)
8:00:29 AM Scanning folder 120: Addon Scenery
8:00:29 AM Scanning folder 119: Scenery\Cities\Edwards_AFB
8:00:29 AM Scanning folder 118: Scenery\Cities\Berlin

The airport is not showing in plan-G.
Is it possible that the BGL file is not written properly and not recognized by the Data Base builder?
Here is a copy of the BGL file converted in XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!-- Created by Scenery Design Engine (SDE) on 1/15/2010 -->
<FSData
   version="9.0"
   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
   xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">
   <Airport
      country="Canada"
      state="Quebec"
      city="Haute-Mauricie"
      name="Pourvoirie Escapade"
      lat="48.4328577294946"
      lon="-74.5201697945595"
      alt="180.0M"
      magvar="16"
      trafficScalar="0.7"
      airportTestRadius="5000.0M"
      ident="CB31"
      >
      <Tower
         lat="48.4324932843447"
         lon="-74.5207741856575"
         alt="0.0M">
      </Tower>
      <Services>
      </Services>
      <DeleteAirport
         deleteAllControlTowers="TRUE"
         deleteAllRunways="TRUE"
         deleteAllStarts="TRUE"
         deleteAllHelipads="TRUE"
         deleteAllFrequencies="TRUE"
         deleteAllTaxiways="TRUE"
         deleteAllJetways="TRUE"
         deleteAllAprons="TRUE"
         deleteAllApronLights="TRUE"
         deleteAllBoundaryFences="TRUE"
         deleteAllBlastFences="TRUE"
         deleteAllApproaches="FALSE"/>
      <TaxiName
         index="0"
         name=""/>
   </Airport>
</FSData>
Thanks

tim arnot

That doesn't look like it has located the correct scenery.cfg. What OS/language are you using?

You can tell it the correct location of scenery.cfg from the options/Locations panel (click on the yellow aeroplane...). Once you've done that, the database should build correctly.

Tim. @TimArnot

trot3911

Hi,
I use XP Pro SP3
The OS is in french

jschall

Quote from: tim arnot on January 15, 2010, 02:33:20 PM
That doesn't look like it has located the correct scenery.cfg.

Trot:

I had the same experience a few months ago. I asked Windows Explorer to search for scenery.cfg in the whole hard disk, and there were two. The one with my addons was not the one that Plan-G was reading, so I just corrected it as Tim suggested.

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

trot3911

Jeff,
I did a quick chech for scenery.cfg and it resulted that Plan--G Options\Locations are is set properly.
Thanks for the answer

John Lygo

Have just installed V0.9 - marvellous bit of kit Tim. However, - there's always one, isn't there? - I have built the FSX database and can't find EGKB. I have JF real Scenery Vols 1 to 4  plus UK2000 VFR Airfields Vol 2 installed. Also UTX Europe & GenX Europe. EGKB shows on the map & I can physically see it but there are no details for it in Plan-G. Any ideas?

tim arnot

Check the log, and the location of your scenery.cfg, as per the replies further up this thread.

Tim. @TimArnot

John Lygo

John Lygo

Got another query for you Tim...
I am running Plan-G V0.9, FSX and Vista. I had a problem the other day with Biggin Hill not showing in the database. After posting a query here, you suggested rerunning the Database manager, having first pointed Plan-G to a different scenery.cfg file. This was done and Biggin Hill was back in the database. I had also created & saved a flight plan to and from Portland Navy - EGDP, which was used when I flew into Portland the other day. This afternoon, I decided to fly from Portland to Merryfield - EGDW. Imagine my surprise and consternation when I see that Portland was not showing on the Plan-G map! On completion of the flight I decided to investigate.

When pointing the FSX scenery.cfg file to 'C:\Users\WocUser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX' and 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X' I get the following results:
24490 Airports
102863 waypoints
17057 Airspace boundaries
7675 VOR's
8347 NDB's.
On both of these two setups, Biggin Hill & all the data is shown but Portland Navy is not.

However, when pointing the FSX scenery.cfg file to 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX' I get the following results:
24620 Airports   (130 more)
104370 waypoints   (1507 more)
17057 Airspace boundaries   (The same)
7679 VOR's   (4 more)
8441 NDB's.    (94 more)
On this setup, Biggin Hill is shown on the map but there is no data for the airfield. Portland Navy and detail is shown.

I am sure there are more anomalies but would appreciate your comments. It is obviously some microsoft FS thing but just wonder if there is a way round this problem.
I have attached a file that contains the last part of the Plan-G log.