News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan G and FS10 lock up

Started by Polaire, January 25, 2010, 03:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaire

A few days ago I was connected online, using FS10 and Plan G, when the whole system locked up and I had to reboot to escape.
I mentioned this on the UK VGA Forum and it was suggested that I post here to seek a solution.

I have looked at the Plan G_log.txt file and here is a list of what I think is the problem:

20:46:32 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Process(String GroupName)
   at FS.FSUIPC.RequestAircraftTelemetry(Boolean includePositionReport)
20:46:55 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:18 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:19 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:20 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:21 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:22 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:23 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:25 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:26 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:27 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:28 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:29 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.
20:47:30 Error calling FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.

John

teecee

I have had many lockups, it is a fact of life in FSX, and I would suggest that a single lockup could be caused by many things. It may well be Plan-G but it could also be something else.
I have used plan-G since day one, and never had a problem, but having said that I would say good luck in your search, I hope you find the cause of the lockups.

Polaire

It was suggested by somebody in another Forum, that I download the latest FSUIPC for FS10, I have done that and will use it again to see what happens

tim arnot

That log extract looks like it comes from long after the lock up. You would need to go further back to find where it starts. I'd suggest you also include the initial connection.

Is there a reason you are using FSUIPC rather than SimConnect?

Tim. @TimArnot

Polaire

Tim, thank you for replying.

Do you want me to post all of the text from the log here, or can I somehow email the text file to you?

I am not technical (as you can guess  :P) I have never heard of Sim connect!

I installed the (unregistered) copy of FSUIPC a long time ago.

Whilst writing to you, may I express my gratitude to you for this programme. Its really good!

tim arnot

Go into the options dialog, and select the FS Connection tab. Make sure that Connect With is set to SimConnect, Network Mode = IPv4, FSX Computer = localhost and Port = 0

Then you should connect okay.

Tim. @TimArnot

Polaire

Thank you Tim.

I have made those changes.

JB