News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Phantom airport

Started by silverfox, February 01, 2010, 03:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverfox

When I edit an existing flight plan and save it using another name, Plan-G (v 9) is adding another airport to the flight plan.  That airport is around 5 thousand miles away from my flight plan.  Any suggestions as to why this is happening?  When opening a flight plan which is quite long and then zooming in on one waypoint, the directional arrows are quite large; covering the entire map at times.  I have learned to click the "edit" on and then off and the arrows become smaller.  Others may not have found this out as of yet.

tim arnot

Could you upload the flight plan here, and we'll take a look (just attach it to your message via 'Additional Options')

Tim. @TimArnot

silverfox

Thanks for the quick response.  I will try to send the flight plan.

tim arnot

I can't make it happen here, but this is my best guess: Because you are saving the plan in FS9 format, Plan-G has to map your user waypoints as intersections, since FS9 doesn't really support user waypoints. If you choose a name for your waypoint that exists as an FS9 Intersection, when you come to open the plan, Plan-G uses the real intersection data rather than your waypoint data. And so you get a waypoint that is potentially a long way from the rest of your flight plan. The solution is to choose a different name for the waypoint.

Tim. @TimArnot

silverfox

OK Tim, I see what you mean about the waypoints.  The original flight plan was made up by someone else two years ago and they are using a waypoint with a name almost the same as the one I have to take out of the changed flight plan.  If I remove that one waypoint, everything looks good.  I'll rename the waypoint.

Thanks for your help, Jesse