News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Simconnect on version 9.

Started by realatp, February 19, 2010, 07:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realatp

Ok, so I've got it connected to Simconnect (and it works). I tried to run the Add Data or whatever for FSX and it says it does it but nothing shows up! How do I add data over a network PC, I mean add the FSX Data base. O ya and is there like something for the people using FTX and OZX, like points or interest or something special for Australia? Thanks. This program looks AWESOME!

tim arnot

You will need to specify the locations for FSX and its scenery.cfg across the network in the Options/Locations tab. The network shares must be set up so that the paths in your scenery.cfg will also work across the network. If this cannot be achieved, you will need to build the database locally and transfer it across manually.

Tim. @TimArnot

realatp

How do I do it manually? I tried to Network it but I have no idea what I am doing. SO please tell me how to do it manually, like through a USB drive or so,mething thanks.

realatp

OMG!!!! now I', getting a CTD everytime I load Plan-G something to do with Google Earth, what the hell did I do?

realatp

Now I cannot Delete Plan-G because of BeatleBlog.Simconnect.dll???? like I I screwed some up hard.

tim arnot

Manual page 5 tells you how to install it on a memory stick. Essentially: Unzip it onto the memory stick and it's installed.

Delete it and it's uninstalled.

If it won't delete, that's probably related to your CTD -- something is still locked in memory. Reboot and all should be fine.

When it's installed on your memory stick, insert it in your FS computer and build the database. Then shut it down and copy the memory stick onto your network PC. Simples.

Tim. @TimArnot

realatp

GOT IT!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the Patience man. I just flew up and down the East Coast of Australia in the IRIS DA-40 and I swear it was the best experinece I've ever had in FS. Thanks alot.

tim arnot

Excellent: Glad you have it working  ;D

Enjoy the DA40 -- that's the first plane I 'graduated' onto after I got my PPL  8)

Tim. @TimArnot