News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Read the Manual-Still can't connect to FSX with network PC

Started by Opiate364, February 22, 2010, 05:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opiate364

I am currently having trouble with Plan G finding FSX on a network computer.  I have followed the instructions in the manual but still cannot get it to work using IPv4 connection.  This may be hard to find out what I messed up so I will tell you what I did with the hope someone can tell me what I did wrong.

1.  I set up a Simconnect.xml file for IPv4  in the same folder as my fsx.cfg(in application data)by copying and pasting:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>192.168.0.2</Address>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>4506</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>192.168.0.2</Address>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>4506</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

I then changed  the IP address  in both parts(I realize there were two sets of code there, one for automatic and one for IPv4) to my IP address which was 192.168.1.2.  I then went back to Plan G on the other computer and setup the FS connection with the following settings:
Network Mode: IPv4
FSX computer: 192.168.1.2
Server Port/Pipe: 4506

When I go to connect, I get a timeout and a note telling me to check that FSX was running(it was) and to make sure my protocol settings were correct.  So can anyone help?

Opiate364

After about one minute, I went back to the manual and saw that you could either put the IP address OR the network name under the FSX connection block, and I instantly connected.  I guess I will need to work on my reading comprehension.

On a side note, I know that there are some USAF aircrews that use an extra laptop with a portable GPS antenna when they fly cargo missions.  They use it for extra tracking of their flight and it uses a program that is similiar to Plan G.  They obviously don't use to actually navigate but it is a cool little thing.  Flying in FSX, I always like to have an extra "moving map" so thanks.

tim arnot

In the xml, you have the IP set as 192.168.0.2, yet in your text you say your IP is 192.168.1.2

Could that be the problem?

But yes, you can also use the machine name.  :)

Tim. @TimArnot