News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Unable to connect to Simconnect.dll

Started by johnbla, September 16, 2009, 08:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnbla

Hi
I get this error message when I try to connect to FSX under Windows XP. I have attached a jpeg to show the error. BTW, great programme thanks.

Any help much appreciated.

John

tim arnot

If you have the Deluxe edition of FSX, make sure you have the SDK installed from disc 1. Then:

• Find the folder C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9 and delete it. (You will see three very similar-looking folders. The one we want has _10.0.60905.0_ in the title. This represents the SimConnect version number)

• Go to the SDK SimConnect folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM. There you will find an installer, SimConnect.msi. Run it. This will repair your SimConnect and you should be good to go.

If you have the Standard edition of FSX:

• Insert the FSX Program disc 1 into your DVD diive, and at the prompt, select Repair
  • You should reapply any FSX service packs, after running the repair option.

Tim. @TimArnot

johnbla

Tim
Fixed. Many thanks for the swift reply. BTY, how come you called it Plan-G and not something like "VFR Flight Planner" or something similiar. Just thought that with a name like that you would get more Google hits.

John