News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

plan g not responding

Started by omsig2002, March 22, 2010, 04:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omsig2002

I've had Plan G for a while now and it was working fine. Yesterday when I tried to run it, the program wouldn't load up ( Not Responding) and just froze. I'm getting a message saying "Stop Running This Script - A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive. YES or NO"

This hasn't happened before. I've tried getting rid of the program thinking maybe a corrupt file, and replaced it but still no luck.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

tim arnot

You probably closed it with the map showing a very dense place with lots of overlays active. If you leave it long enough it'll get there. But if you run the MapReset.exe program before you start Plan-G, that'll reset the overlays back to normal and it should open normally.

Tim. @TimArnot

omsig2002

Thank you for the reply, but i look all over for the mapreset exe and i can't find it, Can you tell me where to locate it?

tim arnot

It's in your Plan-G folder. You do have the latest update, right?

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

Hi Tim,

I think omsig and I are running the previous to latest update. I don't have that map reset file either. We're both running SP1.
I think I read that the newest version was for SP2 only. Am I right about that?

Thanks for the help you've given omsig. We'll try just letting it run for a while.

P.S. I must say this is the most amazing FP software I've seen. So glad I have it.

Cheers!

pugle

Hi Tim, answered my own question.. D/L'd the newest version and it works just fine.. will get it for omsig too. Thanks for your help.

tim arnot

SP2 is only required for SimConnect. If you don't want to connect to FSX, are using FSUIPC, or FS9 then you don't need SP2.

Tim. @TimArnot

darrenvox

hello all, my name is darren and im from the flightsim.com forums...found this website/forum on tims signature and thought id try this out. I downloaded plan g and also the .net thingee and went to set it up and it went not responding...i just downloaded this like 3 minutes ago so i can safely say its not an old version...

i try not clikcing any thing on the desktop but it still goes error

Aopen PC-100- 1GB RAM
Windows Xp
.Net 3.5 (the one thats needed..

so i need it as well pugle

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
   Windows          : 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)
   Common Language Runtime    : 2.0.50727.3603
   System.Deployment.dll       : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
   mscorwks.dll          : 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
   dfdll.dll          : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
   dfshim.dll          : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

SOURCES
   Deployment url         : file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Darren%20Elliott/Desktop/Plan-G/Plan-G.application
   Application url         : file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Darren%20Elliott/Desktop/Plan-G/Plan-G.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
   Deployment Identity      : Plan-G.application, Version=0.8.1.383, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86
   Application Identity      : Plan-G.exe, Version=0.8.1.383, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
   * Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
   Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
   * Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\Darren Elliott\Desktop\Plan-G\Plan-G.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Downloading file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Darren Elliott/Desktop/Plan-G/Resources/Plan G48.ico.deploy did not succeed.
      + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Darren Elliott\Desktop\Plan-G\Resources\Plan G48.ico.deploy'.
      + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Darren Elliott\Desktop\Plan-G\Resources\Plan G48.ico.deploy'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
   No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
   * The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
   * The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
   * [3/24/2010 5:17:45 AM] : Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\Darren Elliott\Desktop\Plan-G\Plan-G.application has started.
   * [3/24/2010 5:17:45 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
   * [3/24/2010 5:17:45 AM] : Installation of the application has started.
   * [3/24/2010 5:17:45 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
   * [3/24/2010 5:17:48 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
   Following errors were detected during this operation.
   * [3/24/2010 5:17:48 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
      - Downloading file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Darren Elliott/Desktop/Plan-G/Resources/Plan G48.ico.deploy did not succeed.
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
         at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.Net.WebException
      - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Darren Elliott\Desktop\Plan-G\Resources\Plan G48.ico.deploy'.
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
         at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.Net.WebException
      - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Darren Elliott\Desktop\Plan-G\Resources\Plan G48.ico.deploy'.
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
         at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
      - Source: mscorlib
      - Stack trace:
         at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
         at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
         at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
         at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
         at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
   No transaction information is available.

tim arnot

You need DotNet 3.5 SP1, not just 3.5, as per the readme.

Tim. @TimArnot

darrenvox

ah ok tim...thanks...actually i did download the sp1 with the latest download and it still doesnt work..

tim arnot

If you definitely have SP1 installed and working, please upload the log file (Plan-G_Log.txt), and I'll see where it's going wrong.

Tim. @TimArnot