News:

Main Menu

FSX database not finding new airports

Started by cattz, March 22, 2010, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cattz

I've added a couple of new airports/landing strips made with ADEX and the .bgl's are in my own scenery folder.
All show up in FSX but not in Plan-G. I copied the bgl's into FSX/scenery/world/scenery and now they show in plan-G. I checked the log file and plan-G did scan that 'addon scenery' file but ignored the entries. All other airports ie:UK2000 stuff that are in their own folders are written so what's happening here?
The problem is sorted but would like to know why this is.

tim arnot

Are you using the most recent version of Plan-G? (0.9.1)

Did you save the bgl files in ADEX using the default file names, or did you change them? (there have been reported problems with some changed filename combinations)

Are there any errors indicated in the log file when it reads that folder?

If those don't help, please upload one of the problem files and I'll take a look at it.

Tim. @TimArnot

cattz

Version: 0.9.1.423
BGL's as default ADEX. (it works fine in another folder)
No errors reported.
Reads: Scanning folder XXX (nothing decoded)

User AC appears in the right place as does AI traffic.  It's only the airport 'spot' that doesn't show.

Just tried a few things.
Copied the 2 airport ADEX bgl files to a new folder. According to the log Plan-G did not scan that folder.
My XXX addon folder has several 'building' bgl's (power stations etc.) plus the 2 two airport bgl's. Log file shows these bgl's were scanned but the airport bgl's were not.
Both these airport bgl's are 'non-stock' but adding to scenery\ world\scenery ( or other folders) they are scanned and decoded.