News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

How do you Uninstall Plan-G?

Started by Chief, April 01, 2010, 04:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief

I need to uninstall Plan-G so that I can install the latest version. I usually use CCleaner to uninstall other programs. But Plan-G is not showing up as a program in CCleaner or in Windows "add/remove" programs.
I want to make sure I uninstall it properly so I won't have trouble later.
Help!!

Thanks,

Chief

tim arnot

Just delete or rename the folder.

Tim. @TimArnot

Chief

Thanks for the quick reply, Tim. I renamed Plan-G and Installed the newest version. The reason I wanted to update was because I had been unable to create flight plans and still are unable to do so with my newest version.
The window that pops up when I click create "flight plan" is blank. What I found out after trouble shooting for awhile was this in my text: 10:08:25 PM Directory error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files(86)\Microsoft Games\FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery'.

Is this the problem and if so how do I correct it? Everything else works on my Plan-G except my unable to create flight plans.

Thank you.

Chief

tim arnot

The first thing you should do is check that the folder really exists.

Then, if you are running under Vista or Windows 7, make sure that you have Administrative rights, tick 'Run As Administrator' in Plan-G's Properties dialog, and turn off UAC. Ideally you would not install FSX (or anything else for that matter) in the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders, since that will commonly lead to file access problems.

Tim. @TimArnot

Chief

Thanks, Tim, its working now!!

Cheers,

Chief