News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Restarting SimConnect

Started by Bman., April 11, 2010, 06:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bman.

Evening all-

I have been enjoying PlanG + FSMap combination.  This gives me a lot of navigational data once I am up in the air.  I have a question..

Is there a way to force simconnect to stop? 

I have found that if I close FSX (under Win7) that it won't release simmconnect ports.  If I start another session of FSX down the road without rebooting, I cant connect.  I think that Windows is keeping the ports used by simconnect tied up.  I have set Plang G to use several ports in my XML but it won't get around full reboot of the FSX machine.   Once I reboot, all is well.

So, I am looking for a way to stop the simconnect process so it can let go of the ports..

Any one know if a way?

Thanks

Benjamin

tim arnot

That's certainly true if FSX crashes - not much can be done about that. But for a normal closedown I've never had any problems, and I start & stop FS & P-G many times over the course of a day. What protocol are you using, and is it local or remote? Have you activated/checked the simconnect logs (in Simconnect.ini)?

Tim. @TimArnot

Bman.

Morning Tom-

Good questions..  I think you are correct on the crash...although it's not so much of a crash as it is FSX doesn't quite shut down correctly with TrackIR software.    I forget what the work around is ...I think I have to shut TIR down first...then FSX.  They may solve the problem.

Protocols - IPV4 (remote)... I think.  I am running PlanG from Laptop.

I have not turned on the simconnect logs.

I will head over to TrackIR forum and see if there is a work around for the shutdown aspect.

Thanks-

Benjamin

Stef Darm

Hello here, I found a solution for this problem on an other site. http://portal.stamhuis.nl/depts/IT/it-dashboard
Me too suffered this issue and just found this page.
Hope it still reaches you