News:

Main Menu

New update not working for me

Started by Bradallen43, September 19, 2009, 02:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradallen43

I installed the latest patch today.

When I used to be able to right click on an airstrip I created (OZx airstrip locations) I was able to start a flightplan at that location. Now when I right click on one of those waypoints I created before, there is no option to start flightplan from that waypoint. All I get now is edit waypoint as my first option. The other options are delete, show and hide range rings. That's it.

I've added several of the OZx airstrips and was able to right click on one of these and get the option to start plan from this location. Not anymore. I only get this option on FSX airports. None that I added to the database. I have run the compile database today with the newest patch as well.

I'm lost. Am I missing something?

I have FSX Gold installed on a Vista Home Premium system. i7 SLI
Brad

tim arnot

That's correct. And the reason is because you can't open a flight plan in FS that doesn't start at an FS airport.

Of course you might not want to open the plan in FS, and so you can still create a plan that goes from waypoint to waypoint, it just takes a little more effort and some lateral thinking.

Suppose you wanted to create a flight plan from Gabo Island to Mt Beauty (both Ozx strips in Victoria, and included in the default data set). You would nead to find a nearby airport to start your plan from. I'd suggest Mallacoota, YMCO as being suitably handy. Create your flight plan as Mallacoota -> Gabo Island -> Mt Beauty. Now right click on the Mallacoota entry and select Delete Waypoint (you can do this either in the map view or the Plan expander).

You could also craate a plan from Mallacoota direct to Mt Beauty, and then simply drag the start point across to Gabo Island. Either way will work.

You now have a plan that you can save and use from within Plan-G. But you will not be able to open it in FS.

Tim. @TimArnot

Bradallen43

Okay,

That makes perfect sense now. Guess I'd been lucky as I've been starting my recent plans at FS airports. So that's why I hadn't come across this before now. ;D

Thanks,

Brad