News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

mouse click issue

Started by Sherman M. Kaplan, April 28, 2010, 12:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherman M. Kaplan

I run Plan G on a separate, but not networked monitor...in other words, two screens, one computer. Lately, I have not been able to use mouse clicks to change settings on any virtual cockpit panel. It works fine on the 2D panels...I'm not sure whether there is a conflict somewhere or this is an unconnected issue, but it only happens after Plan G is booted. Any help and  advice is appreciated. Thanks...

Sherm

tim arnot

Does the last entry in the FAQ apply?

Tim. @TimArnot

Sherman M. Kaplan

thanks, Tim...but my setup is as you recommend, with Plan G on my Right or 2nd monitor. I do notice, however, that Plan G boots on my main screen. So, I moved the start icon to the 2nd, booted up from there and then booted fsx....in an initial test, (only a few minutes because I do have to work...:-)), the click spots worked as they should. I will be able to fly and test for a longer period later today...and if there is a further problem, I will let you know. But, this appears to have cured things...  :)

Again, thanks for your effort and for one of the best add on programs for our hobby.

Sherm

tim arnot

Don't know that there's a way to change what screen a prog initially boots to. Although P-G saves the window rectangle whenever you move/size it, it may well get overridden. Maybe if you change the start order, that might help?

Tim. @TimArnot

Sherman M. Kaplan

I think we cross posted....:-)...please see my edited repy...thanks...

Sherm

TangoEcho

I've never had this problem.

Started with icon on main, moved map to 2nd monitor and it has booted and stayed like that from day one.

Very strange.

Tom

Sherman M. Kaplan

I'm at work now, but will have a grater sense of whether my move of the bootup icon to the 2nd screen, forcing initial bootup there will make the permanent difference. I have had some flights in which everything starts out fine, but somewhere in the duration, the mouse clicks simply do not work on the VC...
so, I'll have what I hope will be some definitive information then...

btw, now that I think of it, I sometimes get a popup warning about a .net problem...though i cannot define a pattern or whether it is even related to Plan G. as you say, all very strange...but, I look at the hobby kind of like a giant Rubick cube, just waiting for a problem to be solved...:-)

Sherm