News:

Main Menu

Simconnect problem Can’t get it setup and running

Started by Mr_Ski, May 02, 2010, 02:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Ski

Good Day to all

I'm a 65 year old Rock Head :azn: and would like to get this working before I turn 66

For the last 3 days I have been trying to connect my every-day machine (Network machine) to my FSX machine so I can offload some of the work from the FSX machine to the network machine.

Way back when we would call this a Salve and Master setup.

The way I understand what should happen is Plan-G would get all the information form the FSX machine just as if FSX is running on the same machine with Plan-G. Then Plan-G would just do its thing as usual.

I have a number of snippets showing the entire network setup. I also have the write-up and the Plan-G manual.

I have to say that when it comes to doing things like this I'm a ROCK HEAD!!!!!! I have tried so many things that I don't remember what I did and didn't do. I think the big problem I have is that I don't know what address to use or if I have to create a new one. Also I don't know what connection to use if I have to add a new address. The last time I tried to add an address I wiped my internet connection. I'm lucky Win7 could repair it for me or I wouldn't have that on the FSX machine.

Maybe someone, after looking at my setup, can walk me through the process. It looks so easy I just can't get the address straight.

Bob Ski 

Mr_Ski

tim arnot

It looks like your PC has two physical network connections. The one you are using is 'Local Area Connection' (connection 2 is disconnected, and connection 3 is an internal loopback), so you refer to that section in the IPConfig listing, which gives your IPv4 address as 192.168.1.66 Assuming this listing is for the FSX PC, that is the address you use in your simconnect script and Plan-G connection dialog.

Tim. @TimArnot