News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Error message

Started by pugle, May 18, 2010, 02:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pugle

Hello,

I've been using Plan G for a quite a while and have the latest version. I've been using it with no troubles at all until today.
I'm getting this error message ( see attatched picture ). Any suggestions as to what I can do?

The message appears when I try to zoom-in on the map. All the airport, airspace and nav aid images disapear off of the map, but as I move the cursor around, I still get airspace and airport info in the information panel.

I love this program and use it extensively. I feel lost with out it.

I even went as far as trying to re-install it ( unzip to its own folder).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Pugle

tim arnot

The error is coming from the google server, so isn't particularly diagnostic (other than telling us it has indigestion). Does it happen at a particular place and zoom, or is it everywhere?

Look in the Plan-G log and see if there are any errors

Turn off all the overlays, and then reintroduce them one by one, and see if there's a particular thing that gives it the problem

Tim. @TimArnot

Pittnuma

Hi,

Superb program.

Just an update to the above I get the same error.

Looking in the log as you suggest it happens only it would seem when using the scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom. If I click the + or - it works just fine. I am looking around the Thirsk area (Yorkshire Gliding Club to be exact).

1 thing I do not seem to be able to get any overlays to show, nothing showing airports, VOR's etc. I have d/l the tiles as stated (b10g.gz    c10g.gz      f10g.gz  &  g10g.gz   )

21:28:44 Database load complete.
21:28:48  DEBUG: count=3
21:29:08  DEBUG: count=2
21:30:06  DEBUG: mousemove error = [object Error]

Hope this helps and you can point in the right direction for the overlays.

Regards

Darren
Pitt
EFC-674

citizengodden

Hi - just downloaded the program for a look - I'm impressed straight away!

However, I have the exact same error.

If you zoom with the plus/minus on the left in the program it's OK. However once you zoom with the mouse-wheel it breaks with that error. You have to restart the program then to see airspaces, VORs etc.

Does this work-around fix the problem for the other people in this thread?

Windows 7 x64, IE8 (8.0.7600.16385)

UPDATE:

Also, double clicking the map produces the same error. (Sorry Darren for reposting basically what you said above before)

Pittnuma

Hi,

Sorry it is the script error that stops the overlay showing, reloaded and all was there as long as I do not touch the scroll wheel all is fine. Soon as you scroll then the script error shows and it needs a restart.

Pitt

pugle

Hi Tim,

Problem seems to have sorted itself out now.

I've been using the program for a while now with no problems until yesterday as stated... I always used the scroll wheel for zoom without incident. Yesterday was the first time that ever happened. I had a flight plan in basically from Indianapolis IN to ( can't remember the name ) in Texas with a stop in Lousisiana.

Before I posted to this forum, I had already tried turning off all the overlays..... tried reinstalling the app from the redownloaded zip file... tried rebooting my computer etc. All failed as a solution. As soon as I tried to zoom in.. bingo!.. all the aviation info would disappear including my projected flight path. I'll take a look at the log file tonight when I get some time to sit and go through it.

But more interesting still is this.... I stopped attempting to run Plan G for a while ( span of a few hours ) then re-tried the program.... this time it worked fine as it always did before this incident. .... Hmmm

If I have any more issues, I'll send you the log and see what's what.

Thanks again for your help

pugle

Hi Tim,

Sorry.. it happened again. I'll attempt to attach the log file here.

tim arnot

OK, different tack...

On the face of it, it seems that a null value is getting passed to google. Now the data passed to google comes from the database, so I'd like you all to rebuild your databases and have a look through the log (it'll be big) for errors.

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

Hi Tim,

Many Many error messages... Airports locked etc... will send you some cut an pastes of the log.

This is just a few.... the scroll bar on the log window barely moved... I haf FSX running when I built the data base. Would that cause the error messages?

tim arnot

That shouldn't have caused the database locked messages -- but a second instance of Plan-G running possibly might. Look for a file called Plan-G.ldb, and delete it.

You do also have a scenery file that seems to be causing trouble -- LSZF_ADEX_JG5.BGL Could you possibly send me a copy and I'll see what's going wrong?

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

Hi Tim,

I don't see a "Plan_G.ldb".... but there is a "Plan_G.mdb". Was what you wrote me a typo?.. or.. did you mean *.ldb?

As for the scenery file.... if I can locate it, you'll find it here as an attachement. Keep in mind I only sent you a very small partial list of error messages..... the list went on and on... I can send you the whole log file if you'd like.

OK, found the scenery file. Seems to be 0kb in size.

P.S. - I still have my earlier version of Plan-G. It's in its own folder in the same location as this latest version. I renamed the older version's folder "Plan_F" when I installed the newer version. I don't think the older verson is interfering though. The shortcut I use to start the application only points to the newer installation's exe file. The older version's log shows no activity, so I don't believe that it's running at the same time.

pugle

Hi Tim,

Decided to send you the whole log file anyways. Just rebuilt the data base again, and now the only error is for that one .bgl file.

Is there a way to repair the file with out having to uninstall / reinstall FSX?

Still don't see the *.ldb file... just see *.mdb

tim arnot

The lock appears to have sorted itself out.

As for the LSZF_ADEX_JG5.BGL file, it definitely shouldn't be 0 bytes - it must be corrupted. Either delete it or re-download it.

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

Hello Tim,

Deleted that scenery file (was an add-on) and rebuilt the data base again. No more error messages in the log, and the problems I had with using the mouse wheel for zooming in / out are anow gone. Everything is back to normal.

I really appreciate all the help you've given to me to get this resolved.

You're the best.

Cheers! :D

tim arnot

Glad you have it working  :)

Tim. @TimArnot