News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Script Error in Win 7

Started by fsgd01, May 18, 2010, 03:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsgd01

Good Evening,
I recently switched FSX over to a Win 7-64 machine. I make up my flight plans before starting FSX at this point (and don't run Plan G while FSX is running as yet).  I seem to have encountered a Script Error if I double click on the map to centre or zoom in. The map starts to zoom/move, then stops and I get the following message:

Script Error

Line:  530
Char:  24
Error:  'null' is null or not an object
Code:  0
URL:  http://maps.gstatic.com/intl/en_ALL/mapfile/235a/maps2.api/main.js

Now, I can easily bypass this issue if I click on the zoom tool on the top left of the screen, so this isn't a huge deal, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention in case others start seeing this. Or, in case this is a known issue and my search didn't turn up the answer. This is reproduceable by the by, and happens each time I double click on the map.

Thanks much, have a good one  :)

Glenn

tim arnot

Again, as I said to Pugle (reporting the same issue), check the log for errors. Does it happen always at the same place & zoom? Is it only when you double click? (what about scrolling?) Try turning off the overlays and reintroducing them - this might narrow down a culprit.

Tim. @TimArnot

fsgd01

Hi Tim,
Sorry for my absence since your reply. I got hung up with an unrelated computer issue (wouldn't affect my problem).

No, the issue doesn't occur in any one location, and it always happens if I zoom using the double click on a given point (regardless of where it is). The problem is reproduceable each time I start it. I will check the log tonight and see what I can find.

I did do a search on the forum prior to posting, so I'm not sure why the other poster's thread wasn't found other than perhaps I just didn't hit on the exact phraseology. Anyway, I will have a look tonight and see what else I can find about this.

Thanks very much for your time, and again my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Glenn