News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G won't Load.

Started by johncrockatt, May 24, 2010, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncrockatt

Tim,

I recently had to re-install both FSX and FS9.   Plan-G would not load,  so I re-named Plan-G,  downloaded a new copy and installed it.  It still won't load.  In both sims, when I click on "Load Data"  it says the usual "this may take some time",  I click OK and in five seconds it has finished and nothing is loaded.   Both sims and Plan-G are on the same computer so it isn't a network problem.  I have the latest FSUIPC in both sims and have chosen that for the connection to Plan-G.

Help would be appreciated.

John

tim arnot

Are there any errors in the log file?

Tim. @TimArnot

johncrockatt

Hundreds ! all within the two or three minutes I took to fail to load the database in either of the sims.

Extract from FS9 part
20:20:47   Building database for FS9#
20:20:47   Writing 0 airspace boundaries
ditto   0 VORs &c.

There are about 25 entries for the failed FS9 attempt.

For FSX there are literally hundreds  all saying, in effect "could not find this or that piece of FSX scenrery.

johncrockatt

Tim,

Looking in Options I see FSX Program   C:\Flight Simulator X.    This is incorrect.  I browse to C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsof Flight Simulator X,  which is correct.   But when I go back into options it is still the same as before.   The same applies to FS9.

The path for FS Scenery.cfg is shown correctly

tim arnot

I would suspect that uninstalling & reinstalling FS has somehow corrupted the FS registry. The registry is where Plan-G finds the information for where FS is installed. You can repair it with one of the many FS registry repair tools (e.g. Flight1, etc). The CIX downloads page has a separate tool for FS9 and FSX. Use these tools to repair the registry, and see if it will now build the database.

Tim. @TimArnot

johncrockatt

Progress is being made !   I ran Uniblue Registry booster in my C HD which is separate from D.  It found a huge number of errors and corrected them.

FSX data duly loaded.   The FS9 data icons remain dead and I can't load FS9 Data.   I went into FS9 and when I connected It said you are using FS9, but with FSX data, and then rather confusingly "Please load FSX data".

I'm not really bothered because I can run both sims on the FSX data.

Many thanks for you help, as usual !

tim arnot

You'll probably still need to run the FS Registry Repair Tool to get the FS9 data back.

There's no problem running FSX data against FS9, you just need to be aware that Plan-G won't always match what you see in the sim - which is why you get the warning.

Tim. @TimArnot

johncrockatt

Success !!  The Flight 1 file did the trick and I now have both FS9 and FSX data loaded.

Many thanks again.

I speak it in a whisper,  but at this moment everything in my FS set-up works as it should.   Fingers crossed !