News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Check Protocol Message

Started by Paulkn, May 31, 2010, 11:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulkn

I have been running Plan_G on the same computer as FSX for some time. Two days ago I had a go at setting up Plan-G on a separate laptop having previously been intimidated by what looked like a complex process. I was surprised at just how easy it was particularly with the help of the idiot's guide in one of the earlier threads. This morning I booted everything up as normal but I get the time out message  when I try to connect Plan-G to FSX. I cannot see what has changed and I have no idea why anything should have changed. All security settings look the same. Any ideas anyone?

Paul

Paulkn

I have just noticed that the IP address has changed from 192.168.1.69 to 193.168.1.67. Why would it do that? Is this going to happen every time I shut down the FS computer? Can I/should I stop it?

Thanks

P

tim arnot

Your PC mostlikely gets its IP address assigned to it by an Internet router.  You can configer the router to always give the same address to the same PC -- it's called a "reserved address". You'll need to consult your router's documentation for how to to it.

Tim. @TimArnot

Paulkn

Absolutely correct. Thanks for the rapid response