News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

No identifier other aircraft

Started by Wim Jongejan, June 14, 2010, 03:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wim Jongejan

Plan-G was recentely downloaded and installed on my PC. Running Windows XP and FS2004(FS-9) I enjoy the capacities of Plan-G.Flying with my fellow pilots in a multiplayer situation  see only the red synbols of their plane. In the  Traffic box a ll planes have the same identifier i.e. PH-MCI. We use FSInn and FSCoplilot. FSUIPC is in use also. One of our group gets the identification correct.
Is a olution available for this problem?? Could I have done something wrong??

Wim Jongejan-PH-WJJ  :-[

tim arnot

Was this multiplayer Vatsim, or FSHost or something else?

Tim. @TimArnot

Wim Jongejan

Our group, the dutchflightnetwork has his own serverlocated at one of our members. We connect with FSInn and FSCopilot, sound with Teamspeak 2.0
Are special settings required?

Wim J. Jongejan

tim arnot

Plan-G only displays the information that's sent to it. VATSIM sends enough information. FSHost does not. I don't know what FSInn does if you use it as a host. Maybe there are settings in it to enable that information.

Tim. @TimArnot

Wim Jongejan

I will try to change settings within FSInn to show the callsigns of the other planes in the session.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Wim Jongejan, PH-WJJ

fifi156

Hi

I have the same problem. I'm using IVAO, we fly with my friends and  do not see the aircraft indentifier, only c172 or c182 but not their  real callsign.
Other problem is that even when a  flightplan is loaded the wheather shows (sometimes  incorrectly ) the meter on the dep/arr airport but not on waypoints resp. FL-s

Can you give  me answer?

Regards
fifi156/Hungary

tim arnot

As I said above, Plan-G only displays the information it is sent. If you are not getting it, then your IVAO clien't isn't sending it, and that is where you need to look. I'm not familiar with IVAO, so can't really be more help.

In 0.9, you need to use airports for intermediate waypoints if you want weather reports for them. Plan-G won't figure out the nearest weather station from a VOR or other navaid. This is something that will be improved in 1.0.

Tim. @TimArnot

gweilo8888

Quote from: tim arnot on July 02, 2010, 09:28:31 AM
In 0.9, you need to use airports for intermediate waypoints if you want weather reports for them. Plan-G won't figure out the nearest weather station from a VOR or other navaid. This is something that will be improved in 1.0.

I'm relatively new to Plan-G, and have just tried out the weather feature for the first time. I'm wondering if you can tell me whether this improvement was ever implemented?

The reason I ask is because I've just tried loading a flight plan from KLAS to KORD, and I only get weather information for my current location, plus my departure and arrival points -- nothing for any intermediate points. I have all three checkboxes (download weather from NWS, display nearest weather, and update local) checked in Plan-G's options, and FSX is currently connected with my location updating correctly.

My flight plan is attached for reference.