News:

Main Menu

Edited Waypoints

Started by mykv, July 02, 2010, 12:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykv

Tim and et al,   Just a quick one if I may, within Plan-G I have manually edited some waypoints/VRPs and also some dis-used airfields, could I please ask why is it that every time there after when I update the FSX data files after installing extra files, are most of the manually edited fixes wiped out. It has happened on three occasions now, the most frustrating one being the Heliport at Cardiff which for some reason will not stay either in the right place or even being displayed. And also why does the Plan-G not display some of the new airfields after they have been installed into FSX and the data base being rerun. Many thanks in advance  Myk

P.S. Any indication of version 1.0 delivery ::)   Myk
Getting the hang of this flying lark

tim arnot

There's no link between user waypoints and the main nave database - they are stored in completely different files. Changing one will not affect the other, unless you are re-copying the default files from the distro (which, of course, will wipe everything out). It's easy enough to check your eps are present by looking at the Waypoints Maintenance dialog.

If you have airports that do not appear in the main db after a build, check the log file for errors (and to confirm it's reading the files), and report here if there is a problem.

Quote from: mykv on July 02, 2010, 12:39:42 PM
P.S. Any indication of version 1.0 delivery ::)   Myk

Development continues, and the current build is with the testers.   ;)

Tim. @TimArnot