News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Network making my life a misery!

Started by PhillPowell, August 02, 2010, 02:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillPowell

Hello,

Great program, but I think I've come to the end of the road.

I ran FS9 and Plan-G on one computer and everything was fine.

I have tried repeatedly to run Plan-G on another PC and have never been able to get a connection. I always get the error message "Unable to connect to Flight Simulator........." I can build the database across the network but nothing more.

Recently I installed FSX and yes, I have the same problem. It will not connect in auto, simconnect or FSUIPC even with FSUIPC4  installed and running on FSX.

Plan-G given permission to access port 4506 in the firewall on both PCs
Avast antivirus used but I cannot see that it is blocking Plan-G.
FSX folder in My Docs/User/Appdata/Microsoft/   shared, just in case.

The only other thing I can think of is some problem with my network configuration.

I access the internet from a mobile broadband connection.

Mobile USB dongle..........broadband router*..........hardwired..........switch..........PC1/PC2

* It's a long story but I need to have the dongle up high to get HSDPA so it's in the roof of the house and then hard wired down to a switch. As far as I can tell the switch SHOULD be invisible to the two PCs. It certainly is in terms of file access and FSInn/Vatsim on FS9 and FSX and Euroscope/Vatsim.

If anyone has come across this sort of problem, or even has a suggestion as to where to look next, please let me know.

Kind regards

Phill

Sorry, forgot to mention, both PCs running XP.

Plan-G log is

15:48:57 PlanG constructor
15:48:57 executableFolder: C:\Documents and Settings\Main\Desktop\Controller apps\Plan-G
15:49:00 Starting Plan-G, build 0.9.1.423
15:49:01 FS9 is installed
15:49:01 FS9 database is built
15:49:01 FSX is installed
15:49:01 FSX database is built
15:49:01 Selected data set is FSX
15:49:31 Starting map
15:49:32 Initialisation complete.
15:49:38  DEBUG: count=7
15:50:37  DEBUG: removeAircraftOverlays
15:50:41 RibbonButton_Click_ConnectFS
15:50:41 SimConnect.Connect
15:50:41 SimConnect.Connect - Remote. Mode = IPv4 Server = 192.168.1.101 Port = 4506
15:50:43 SimConnect Exception received:BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_RECV_EXCEPTION
15:51:02 SimConnect remote connection timed out
15:52:06  DEBUG: removeAircraftOverlays

PhillPowell

Bump,

Just an update.

Definitely not a network problem. I've run AI aircraft across the network as recommended on:

http://was.hifisim.com/ASXDocumentation/networkedconfig.html "Test the configuration"

Worked ok for me, so I'll continue looking.

Phill

tim arnot

Try clearing the registry -- run the ClearAllSettings program -- maybe there's something set that it doesn't like. You'll have to reset the IP and port No afterwards.

Tim. @TimArnot

PhillPowell

Thanks Tim,

That still didn't work, but now my FSX is playing up completely!!

Looks like it is time for a complete un-install, clean the registry, re-install and take it from there.

Phill

tim arnot

Could try a general registry cleaner -- I use Registry Mechanic, but others are available. That's fixed some very wierd problems for me that had me thinking I might need to do a full reinstall. Worth a try...

Tim. @TimArnot

PhillPowell

Thanks Tim,

FSInn FSCopilot won't pick up the connection either so it's definitely FSX side.

Thanks for your help.

Phill

PhillPowell

Just to close this post off, my problem was with the graphics card.

Not sure why but it wasn't up to the job.  FSX SP2 didn't report it as such, but when I upgraded the card and re-installed SP2,  Plan-G it worked fine.

Phill