News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Teaser

Started by tim arnot, August 02, 2010, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gheed

whats that KML option up in the menu bar? Can we import KML files to Plan-g to show for example, FTX NA area boundaries and its freeware and payware airports?

Awesome! Can't wait!

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

gheed

THAT is awesome! Only thing i could have thought been a minus of plan-g (or i dont know if it can be minus, there's no other software to compare it!) the lack of importing KML files. Now that they are coming... It is just absolutely awesome.  I appreciate your work more than you can imagine.

cheers, Kim.

bseetzen

Looks great and very promissing. Although Plan-G should already be a mandatory tools for FSX user this will extend the community even further. Good job. I like it.

weblin

looks awesome!

I also have a question. I am the Deputy Director of the Virtual air National Guard. I use Plan-G exclusively. We have a App that will show our players on a our server in Goggle maps. Is there away to network Plan-G so I can see the pilots who are flying? Our server is using FSHost. I apologize if this is an inappropriate question. if you need more specific info please email me at weblin0200@wowway.com

tim arnot

If you can see them in flight sim, you should also see them in Plan-G.  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

cemil

Great! just when I was thinking Plan-G had come to a sudden stop! and as usual GREAT interface. Just two suggestions:

a) On the Terrain Profile that shows the altitude profile along the route I noticed that the tooltip shows you the distance
    on the scale from the initial location. Would it be too much to ask if the tooltip also could display the approximate
    altitude from the mouse spot based on the vertical scale? I find this vertical profile a great aid.

b) On the map it would be nice to show a line (at sufficient zoom) in the same orientation as the runway(s). This makes
    it easier when one is defining user waypoints for approach to runways that have no published chart. I tried by
    using the QMID tool but I noticed that the displayed line is not always in the direction you hoped.

c) The QMID tool, it is not clear where is actually the end of the QMID line, is it the end of the index finger of the
    mini-hand of the mouse icon? or is it the middle of the icon? I usually see the displayed QMID line deviated
    from the actual location I am pointing to so it becomes confusing.

Wiill keep on checking for the next version of Plan-G.

raymar99

An improvment I would like to see is some way to show major airports with a symbol that is different than a grass strip when using the map.  All airports use the same symbol on the map - black circle with the cardinal headings blocked.  Maybe a blue filled-in circle for major airports or even better, an actual mini layout of the runways, say white on blue.

Looking good though, thanks for all the hard work and releasing a great product.

Ray

JMTabacheck

Really looks great..
But a problem. I recently started using IE9 Beta. Now when I try to print a map, I get a black screen. Any ideas?
Didn't know where else to enter this sorry.
Mark Tabacheck
JMTabacheck@Hotmail.com

CXA001

Wow!

Very nice indeed!

VATSIM: P2 | I1

tim arnot

Quote from: JMTabacheck on October 09, 2010, 10:57:39 PM
But a problem. I recently started using IE9 Beta. Now when I try to print a map, I get a black screen. Any ideas?

Yes: Don't use IE9 beta.

Tim. @TimArnot

kenbel

I feel I must add my few words of appreciation here.
Thanks very much Chef Tim for your masterful aid to flight sim enjoyment.
Since finding and using Plan-G my simming time has been much improved.
And as an Octogenarian the user friendliness is found to be very good.
Thanks Tim for your time, work, and interest in the subject.

tim arnot

Thanks Ken. We have at least one nonagenarian here, so you've still got some catching up to do! ;)

Tim. @TimArnot

cvearl

Drool.  8)

Can't wait!

alesterre

I saw a screenshot of your program on codeplex site and got interested instantly :) It is really a great idea to combine Google Maps with the FS data. And a great implementation as well. Nice job!