News:

Main Menu

Elevation

Started by Joe M, August 04, 2010, 03:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe M

Tim, Thanks for all your hard work on this. It is turning into a fantastic tool.

With regard to the elevation profile. Is it possible to expand it somewhat to show point elevations? I know I can get the particular elevation of a spot by right-clicking on the map and selecting "Create a user waypoint". I'm thinking a notation on the profile or a mouse-over to show the elevation of a particular point like the mouse-over now shows distance to the point.

Thanks again for a great product.

VPA105 - Joe Morrison
www.virtualpilots.org

tim arnot

I'll think on it, and see what I can come up with...

Tim. @TimArnot

jbell7

Uhhh?  Am I missing something here? In the elevation pane with mouseover I get distance and altitude. Very tidy setup. Couldn't ask for more. Very good software Tim. I am wondering why, some plans I get profile with all the terrain irregularities and others it gives me the elevations and distance with square boxes. No problem at all, since both presentations give the same result. I have looked at the raw files (plans, .pln) and I can't really see a difference that would matter. Could it be a difference in the tile for that particular area?

John
DCA 1013

tim arnot

Not sure what you mean by square boxes?

Tim. @TimArnot

jbell7

Represented with rectangles, no graphics.

John

tim arnot

Any chance of a picture?

Tim. @TimArnot

jbell7

tim arnot

Do you have the DEM tile installed for the area of your flight plan? The 'boxes' represent the MEF for each leg of the plan (as displayed in the plan listing), and are independent of whether you have that tile installed. If you don't have the DEM, you won't see the terrain.

Tim. @TimArnot

jbell7

Think so Tim. I D/L and installed all tiles. I'll look further, but I think this problem was in several places in Alaska, also some of the Alaska plans worked ok.

Tim, you need to sell this software. This is a real jewel.

John