News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Cannot build FS9 database

Started by JoHubb, August 21, 2010, 08:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoHubb

I run FS9 in XP.  I installed the current Net Framework 4 which includes the service packs for previous versions. Then I installed version 9.1.423 of Plan-G and re-booted. 

When I run the .exe file and select Build FS9 Database from the Data menu, the install runs briefly and then freezes at Addon Scenery/Duxford. 

The log file is over 290 MB so I cannot attach it.  There are thousands of lines of 'Error reading file: unable to read beyond the end of the stream'.

What to do? 

John

tim arnot

Can you just clip out the first part of the log file, up to and including the first error, and upload that?

Tim. @TimArnot

JoHubb

Thanks. Log file (part) attached.

I should have said that FS9 runs off a different partition (C:) than Plan-G (D:) and XP (D:). Both partitions are on the same HDD.

John

tim arnot

The partitions shouldn't make a difference.

It looks like you have a scenery there that Plan-G doesn't like. Although it complains about a couple of the ANO files early on, that's not the real problem.
Start from the Duxford scenery (which is where it records the really nasty OutOfMemory error): Disable it in FS and rebuild the database. If that works, you've identified where the problem is; if not, disable the next one and try again. Let me know how you get on.

Tim. @TimArnot

JoHubb

Disabling Duxford did the trick. All the others (and there are a lot of them) loaded fine. This seems like a very interesting program and I am looking forward to using it.

The Duxford scenery was originally made for FS2002 using Architect 2002, SCC, and Airport for Windows 3.0.  The objects were created with Nova and Novasim.  It is a good addon and I would hate to be without it. I suppose I can enable it now and use as before, and accept that Duxford will be missing from the Plan-G database. It is a pity because, as you probably know, Duxford is the home of the Imperial War Museum which houses Europe's largest collection of old military aircraft.

Thanks.

John

tim arnot

Plan-G will still show the default Duxford; the only difference will be in the parking spots listed.

If the Duxford scenery is freeware, if you send me a link, I can see what the problem is..

Tim. @TimArnot

JoHubb

Thanks, Tim, that would be kind.

[Duxford]

I can send you the .zip if you cannot download from that website.

John

tim arnot

That's the iain Gallagher one, yes? It'll be fixed for the next release.

Tim. @TimArnot

JoHubb

Dominic Russell

Ah ha I have just been having this problem too will disable duxford and give it another go!  ;D strange thing is it was never a problem in any of the other builds.. fingers crossed!

Dominic Russell

yep worked liked a dream after removing duxford  :)