News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan saved as VFR when IFR is selected.

Started by ou81aswell, August 22, 2010, 08:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ou81aswell

The software is awesome and has been working wonderfuly.

I noticed that if I have an IFR plan open and then click on New to create a new plan, add waypoints and then save the plan, it gets saved as a VFR plan. In order to get around this, I have to toggle the VFR / IFR buttons before saving or if I have already saved it by mistake,  do a Save-As to get it to save to a new file.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also: How do I display the localizer info for an airport during flight. I can only get it to display on my flight plan print out. It would be useful to access the airport information from the grid on the plan expander somehow.

Thanks.

tim arnot

Quote from: ou81aswell on August 22, 2010, 08:00:37 PM
I noticed that if I have an IFR plan open and then click on New to create a new plan, add waypoints and then save the plan, it gets saved as a VFR plan. In order to get around this, I have to toggle the VFR / IFR buttons before saving or if I have already saved it by mistake,  do a Save-As to get it to save to a new file.

OK, thanks. I'll make sure that gets fixed for the next release.

Also: How do I display the localizer info for an airport during flight. I can only get it to display on my flight plan print out. It would be useful to access the airport information from the grid on the plan expander somehow.
Hover the mouse over the airport, and it will be listed in the Information panel. You can lock that listing in place from the right-click menu.

Tim. @TimArnot

ou81aswell

I just noticed that the plan is actually saved with IFR set so the problem seems to be that the file name is prefixed with VFR instead of IFR.

This is a non-issue for me BTW.

Is there a way to select a dynamic fsx plane on the map (little red plane) and have it highlighted in the traffic section or have a tooltip that identifies it?

tim arnot

Quote from: ou81aswell on August 23, 2010, 02:32:47 AM
Is there a way to select a dynamic fsx plane on the map (little red plane) and have it highlighted in the traffic section or have a tooltip that identifies it?

No, not at the moment.

Tim. @TimArnot