News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G Sometimes Crashes When I reload a flight

Started by ou81aswell, August 26, 2010, 11:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ou81aswell

I have noticed that the software often crashes when I use Ctrl + ; to reload the current flight in FSX.

I can't make it happen every time but after 2 or 3 tries, it typically crashes.

Plan G is connected and has the same flight plan open as FSX. This is happening on the North West coast of Africa if that makes any difference. I have attached a screen print showing the map settings.

Ver 9.1.423

tim arnot

What kind of crash? Can you supply a log? Is this on a single PC or across a network? What OS?

Tim. @TimArnot

ou81aswell

Win 7x64, FSX SP2. Plan-G is on the same machine as FSX so I don't thinl the network is involved.

I get a message box with the caption: Plan-G has stopped working.

Of course, I can't make it happen right now. I will take a screen shot when it does happen again

How do I produce a log?

tim arnot

It's automatic -- Plan-G_Log.txt, in your Plan-G folder.

I have W7x64 here, so I can try to reproduce it. What is the nature of the flight you are reloading?

Tim. @TimArnot

ou81aswell

I'll have to double-check but I'm just doing IFR. Currently, I am just off the west coast of Africa (Nouakchott - GQNN). I had come from San Juan PR via Amilcar Cabral (GVAC).

Typically I save on approach so if (when) I bugger it up I can just reset. I first noticed the problem after I crashed in the 747 and when FSX was reloading the default flight.

Now that I know about the log, I will send it along the next time it happens, if it happens.

Now that I think of it, it may well be related to FSX getting tired after having run for a couple of days because FSX did crash last night and from what I recall, Plan-G has behaved properly ever since.

I also noted that the ILS headings at some airports differed between the FSX map and the Plan-G map.

For example on my Plan-G flight plan printout, Amilcar Cabral (GVAC) listed ILS RW 1 at 360 deg and FSX reported it at 12 deg. Could this be the result of crossing a scenery boundray or a  true/mag thing?

tim arnot

Quote from: ou81aswell on August 27, 2010, 03:20:15 PM
Now that I think of it, it may well be related to FSX getting tired after having run for a couple of days because FSX did crash last night and from what I recall, Plan-G has behaved properly ever since.

Ok, keep an eye on it, and if it happens again, send me the log.

I also noted that the ILS headings at some airports differed between the FSX map and the Plan-G map.

For example on my Plan-G flight plan printout, Amilcar Cabral (GVAC) listed ILS RW 1 at 360 deg and FSX reported it at 12 deg. Could this be the result of crossing a scenery boundray or a  true/mag thing?

That's a magvar issue, and it's fixed in 2.0.  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

ou81aswell

Last night my 737 collided with a 747 while landing on RW 6 in Amsterdam.

Afterwards, while FSX was reloading my default flight, Plan-G stopped working and had to be closed.

FSX and Plan-G had been running for 4 or 5 hours.

I have attached a copy of the Plan-G log file.

The crash (both plane and Plan-G) happened around 1:30am. The last entry written to the log was at around 1:00am. Plan-G appeared to be working brilliantly up until I met the 747 on RW 6 at 1:30am.

tim arnot

So, don't hit any 747s in the dead of night!  ;)

Seriously though, there's nothing in the log, so all I can suggest is we record any other instances of it, and see if a pattern emerges.

Tim. @TimArnot

ou81aswell

I overstressed my 737 (350 kts IAS @ 11,000 feet) and it happened again. Again nothing in the log. I also nosedived into the RW after turning of the AP around 5-' off the RW but this time, no problems. I wonder if it's a timing thing. Sometimes the process bar, when reloading a flight, can pause for a few seconds here and there.

tim arnot

Do you stay connected to FS when you reload the flight? If so, what happens if you disconnect and reconnect? Have you changed the user aircraft refresh rate from the default (5 secs)?

Tim. @TimArnot

ou81aswell

I haven't changed the page display rate or disconnected. So far it hasn't happened today.

ou81aswell

It also happens when Plan-G is running on a different machine.

It seems to happen every time I crash, except when I crash on purpose :( to try and reproduce.

ou81aswell

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but I am running FSX as administrator and Plan-G as a regular user under Win 7 x64.